Education > VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
VOLUNTEER management certificate
Develop and strengthen your volunteer program with CNM’s signature The Volunteer Management Certificate. This program is ideal for individuals new to the field or for those wanting to formalize their knowledge in volunteer management. Over three days of intensive instruction on the essential elements of an effective volunteer program, the Volunteer Management Certificate is designed for those who work with volunteers or for a nonprofit considering adding a new volunteer programs to its organization.
Whether you are building the foundation of a new volunteer program or enhancing your current work with volunteers, this course contains the tools you will need to face the challenges of volunteer management. You will work in an interactive group setting with our experienced instructor and your volunteer management peers to build skills that will be immediately useful to your program. Learn how to use your volunteers’ skills and time for maximum impact, how to write effective job descriptions, communication strategies and more.
- Learn volunteer recruitment, recognition and retention strategies
- Understand how to acknowledge, celebrate and sustain volunteer involvement
- Create customized tools to benefit your organization’s needs
- Develop a strategy for continuous program improvement
- Understand the principles of volunteer screening, placement, training, and supervision
- Determine how to develop strong staff and volunteer partnerships
- Ensure that your risk management plan is aligned with best practices
6688 N. Central Expressway, Suite 1025
Dallas, Texas 75206
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
One hour break for lunch on your own.
*Early bird member rate ends September 11, 2019.
Wednesday, September 18
Wednesday, October 2
Wednesday, October 9
Please note: You must attend all three sessions to obtain your certificate.
For nearly 40 years, CNM has helped strengthen nonprofits by offering affordable education and management consulting services to our members. We broadened our mission in early 2015 to strengthen communities by connecting and engaging nonprofits and other stakeholders through thought leadership, management expertise and outcomes technology.
Keep in Touch
6688 N. Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75206
1701 River Run, # 1002
Fort Worth, TX 76107