The Youth Education Associate will be the person primarily responsible for overseeing and building the programs for youth at Wesley-Rankin Community Center, working directly with high school youth and their families. The Youth Education Associate is responsible for the structure, systems and implementation of all youth programs, ensuring the adherence to goals, strategies, and mission of Wesley-Rankin Community Center (WRCC). The Youth Education Associate will work closely with and report to the Director of Children’s Education as well as working with a team of other staff members.
The Youth Education Associate will:
- Work within a model to build out a comprehensive program for high school youth that consists of a three-year cycle of curriculum. Programming will include but not be limited to leadership, identity, career/workforce development, post-secondary planning and enrichment opportunities.
- Oversee students during After School Monday-Thursday.
- Plan and implement monthly youth events to bring together those that cannot attend during After School.
- Plan and implement the Summit Youth Summer Program, which takes place in June and July.
- Supervise an AmeriCorps member during the summer term to assist in programming.
- Ensure accurate and timely tracking of students through data to demonstrate meaningful impact of youth program.
- Research and develop new connections, partnerships, students, and models or curriculum.
- Plan and implement a boys leadership group that begins with 4th-5th grade boys, based on the current model of GOh! GOh! Girls.
Spanish speaking required. Experience with students required. Interested candidates, please send a resume to Shellie Ross, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.