ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Research new prospective contacts for volunteer groups and creative ways to locate new volunteers.
- Make presentations to organizational groups as requested
- Grow and maintain volunteer base by community outreach, attending volunteer fairs, updating recruitment websites, and developing new ideas for recruiting.
- Assure that recruitment materials are current and relevant
- Timely process volunteer applications, information, and volunteer training.
- Timely reply to volunteer inquiries for appropriate follow up
- Run background checks on all new volunteers and volunteer groups (if necessary)
- Schedule and conduct volunteer orientations
- Schedule monthly volunteer trainings for each area; document training
- Assure volunteer data is accurate and up-to-date in the Volunteer database
- Manage Teen Leadership Council and Collegiate Leadership council, including requirements, scheduling, and volunteer duties.
- Actively promote growth for the Teen Leadership Council and identify qualified student leaders
- Work effectively with all departments to fill their volunteer requests as well as the ongoing, daily volunteer needs.
- Promptly solicit volunteers to fill departmental volunteer requests.
- Prepare and monitor the daily volunteer schedule, assuring all positions are filled or accommodated.
- Assist the Senior Volunteer Manager in developing goals and objectives to improve the Volunteer program.
- Evaluate and effectively manage/schedule personnel; complete required personnel documentation in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One-year non-profit experience, preferably supervising paid and volunteer staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and complex scheduling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; good office and computer database skills
- Physical ability to conduct presentations (on and off property), training and walking across the property frequently
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Driver’s license to drive garden vehicles or to attend recruitment appointments as needed
- Organized with ability to multitask successfully; professional work ethic.
- Flexible, diplomatic, responsive and self-motivated.
- Good judgement and problem solving skills.
- Ability to motivate and to engage staff and volunteers.
Please go to the Dallas Arboretum website https://www.dallasarboretum.org/contact/employment-opportunities/, click on Careers to apply for this position.