About the Role
As a Volunteer Engagement Coordinator you will recruit, coordinate, supervise, and engage all individual and group volunteers in support of Buckner International programs and fundraising efforts in the DFW region.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Organize, implement, and coordinate a comprehensive volunteer program in the DFW region, including recruitment, screening, training, supervision, evaluation, engagement and documentation of volunteers in compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement an effective volunteer recruitment strategy plan for the DFW regional ministries. Assist with information needed for printed and web-based materials.
- Serve as liaison between volunteers and staff to ensure that the use of volunteers meets the strategic needs of programs as defined by staff and to provide a quality experience for volunteers.
- Work with program staff to identify how volunteers can be engaged to fulfill defined program needs.
- Work with program staff to ensure that defined volunteer program needs are submitted and posted through the volunteer management system and postings of defined needs are kept current.
- Oversee the volunteer management system as relates to DFW ministries. Maintain a master calendar of all volunteer activities; distribute notices of activities and volunteer projects to applicable program staff.
- Maintain detailed records regarding all volunteerism benefiting agency, including maintaining computerized volunteer management database.
- Work closely with Director of Volunteer Engagement in the initiation of new projects.
- Assist in effectively managing a budget and overseeing line items used by the DFW ministries and Volunteer Engagement Project Coordinator. Help manage program resources, including personnel, to ensure they are used efficiently and appropriately.
- Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports. Work with Director of Volunteer Engagement to provide professional growth and development; help develop and communicate goals and objectives; monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Design and implement volunteer engagement retention plan including volunteer recognition events.
- Assist with conducting tours for campus and community programs.
- Assist with special events/assigned projects and tasks (i.e. Golf tournament.) as they involve volunteers.
- Identify church and community partners and engage through effective use of volunteers.
- Represent agency at church/ community meetings and with partners which are strategic in fulfillment of defined volunteer opportunities.
- Complete and submit to management utilization, special events and activity reports, as requested.
- Act as a liaison to community; responsible for supporting and representing Buckner at special events, activities and other assigned functions; and speak in public on behalf of Buckner if needed.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Support the Regional Directors, operations staff and Director of Volunteer Engagement.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training as required. Facilitate volunteer trainings as required.
- Work nights and weekends as needed to meet business needs.
- Interact with outside consultants, agencies, and organizations to develop relationships to enhance the delivery of services to clients and families.
- Travel as needed using various modes of transportation to monitor, assess and help develop programs with some overnight stays required.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge as evidenced by the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Work or other related field. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required. Involves ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions dealing with abstract variables. Requires a minimum of 2 years prior related experience in volunteer recruitment, coordination, training, and supervision.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including word, power point, and advanced excel applications.
- Proficient problem solving skills required.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to make presentations and speak in front of groups including donors, senior level staff, and the Board.
- Requires a strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing strong collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues. Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Requires recognized ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Requires demonstrated strong analytical skills, including an ability to synthesize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue; strong commitment to producing measurable results.
- Requires flexibility to work weekends and evenings.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and make self understood effectively in face to face interactions; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, communicate with people in situations with some background noise.
- Requires excellent public speaking skills and the ability to successfully communicate in a professional manner with a multi-ethnic population base in the community; ability to effectively communicate in writing.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision with awareness that error may have serious consequence; exercise patience, initiative, and sound judgment following established guidelines.
- Requires ability to effectively work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change.
- Requires personality attuned to the requirements of meeting needs of the clients and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
- Requires professional commitment to Christian principles and teachings so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Requires ability to travel as required using various modes of transportation; ability to be on-call as assigned. Requires ability to travel to various geographic locations and some overnight stays.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time; ability to squat, climb stairs, kneel and twist. Requires ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study.
- Prior experience in volunteer recruitment, coordination, training and supervision.
- Prior experience using a volunteer management system and database.
- A commitment to your own professional growth and development to enhance program services.
- A willingness and desire to build and maintain excellent working relationships with your co-workers, volunteers, and the community that we rely on to support our programs.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.
Please visit this website to apply online: https://www.buckner.org/careers?gh_jid=5058525003.