Description: The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator is responsible for volunteer recruitment, engagement and retention for all volunteer placements within the JPS Health Network.
- Develops and conducts all volunteer orientations/trainings monthly to groups and individuals in the community.
- Promotes volunteerism through target recruitment methods such as public speaking engagements at universities, schools, civic and community organizations.
- Supervises and implements student volunteer programs year round.
- Provides direct oversite and management for special volunteer events and programs annually.
- Collaborates with hospital departments to identify, place and assess volunteer engagement needs.
- Rounds regularly with hospital volunteers and staff who supervise volunteers.
- Develops and supervises individual and group volunteer schedules and placements.
- Assesses and reviews submitted applications, screens and interviews volunteers for eligibility.
- Develops volunteer retention strategies through best practices and performance satisfaction methods.
- Produces and generates volunteer disposition reports and analytics.
- Develops volunteer specific postings on JPS Health Network social media sites by collaborating with the Communications department.
- Ensures compliance with hospital and JCAHO standards are met for all active volunteers.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in a relevant field of study.
- 2 plus years of volunteer program administration, volunteer coordination, or volunteer supervision experience.
- 2 plus years of public speaking, and training experience.
- 2 plus years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Healthcare Administration or a related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- 4 plus years of Volunteer Engagement or Event Program experience.