The Family Place, a Dallas non-profit agency serving victims of domestic violence, is seeking an experienced Volunteer Coordinator and In-Kind Donations Manager.
Key Responsibilities: Responsible for maintaining an exemplary volunteer program through the use of corporate, individual, religious, academic and community volunteers; supports the Resale Store by soliciting in-kind donations for a source of revenue for the agency; supports client services by soliciting donations for items such as clothing, furniture, diapers, and essential needs for clients in the shelter and in our transitional living programs.
Resource Development and In-Kind Donations Coordination:
- Solicits corporations for product for in-kind donations that will directly reduce budgeted expenses.
- Responds to requests for in-kind donations, services and special projects.
- Solicits in-kind donations for Back to School and Holiday Gifts for clients and families.
- Coordinates annual Adopt-a-Family (Holiday Gifts) program.
- Solicits in-kind donations for materials for group and corporate projects.
- Coordinates the receipt, distribution and recordkeeping of all donated goods assigned by the VP of Development and coordinates the pick-up of donated items when needed by working with the Resale Shop Manager and Operations Team.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with donors, by tracking, monitoring and acknowledging all goods and services.
- Coordinates and facilitates client donation drives, as needed.
- Establishes annual Volunteer Program Goals, working in coordination with the Program Directors.
- Recruits and trains volunteers for agency programs, special events and service projects; works with agency staff to coordinate volunteer placements and requests for volunteers.
- Oversee marketing volunteer opportunities to the community, representing the Agency when opportunities arise.
- Conducts interviews, reference checks, and criminal background checks to determine appropriateness of all prospective volunteers, interns and corporate, educational and community groups prior to placement.
- Acts as liaison for volunteers during their placement with Agency programs.
- Maintains updated volunteer job descriptions for all Agency programs and the volunteer database and information systems.
- Plans, facilitates and conducts monthly volunteer orientation.
- Develops and maintains current volunteer training materials including training manuals and handbooks, policy information and interview instruments.
- Provides training and educational opportunities for volunteers to Agency programs, which promotes volunteer retention and appreciation.
- Prepares monthly statistics for the agency and submits in a timely manner.
- Submits agency volunteer statistics on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates volunteer recognition throughout the year and annually.
- Conducts periodic volunteer satisfaction surveys.
- Conducts exit interviews when volunteers exit the Agency.
Resale Shop Support:
- Negotiates with suppliers, vendors and donors for procuring donations.
- Supports the Resale Store by soliciting in-kind donations for a source of revenue for the agency; supports client services by soliciting donations for items such as clothing, furniture, diapers, and essential needs for clients in the shelter and in our transitional living programs
- Works on collaborative projects including but not limited to holiday and special service projects, Jr. League and Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Conducts speaking engagements during the United Way Campaign.
- Provides public speaking engagements in the private and non-profit sector.
- Participates in Agency fundraising events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, business administration or related degree, and at least 6 months to 3 years experience as a successful volunteer manager OR an equivalent level of the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position.
Excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid short-term and long-term disability, 403b retirement plan, paid holidays, paid time off, EAP