In the spirit of the mission of Project Transformation North Texas, the Volunteer and Church Engagement Manager is primarily responsible for recruiting volunteers from local churches, civic organizations, businesses, colleges/universities, and other community groups to provide assistance to the children, youth and young adult members involved in our afterschool and summer programs.
The Volunteer and Church Engagement Manager is directly accountable to the Executive Director and will work closely with several Project Transformation staff.
Recruit volunteers from churches and other organizations to participate in the after-school and summer programs.
- Strengthen and develop relationships with 80+ partner churches to recruit volunteer, program, and financial support.
- Schedule meetings and/or speaking engagements with churches and potential volunteer groups.
- Recruit and schedule volunteers for the after school program to assist with homework, collect supplies and snacks, and provide dinners for Family Fun Nights.
- Coordinate reading and dinner volunteers for the summer program.
- Coordinate all volunteer appreciation and recognition efforts including thank you notes and the end of summer Celebration Banquet
- Develop a base of volunteers to assist with various service projects throughout the year.
- Coordinate efforts with the Director of Development to transition volunteers into donors and connect church contacts with fundraising opportunities.
- Coordinate an annual partner church meeting to prepare churches for the summer program
- Plan and implement volunteer training for young adult AmeriCorps Members
- Coordinate with the Director of Programming & Leadership Development on program / volunteer / church engagement overlap.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 3 years’ of volunteer management, development/fundraising or related experience
- Embrace and integrate Project Transformation’s core values into his/her work practices.
- Strong understanding of the United Methodist Church
- Excels in cultivating and building relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Problem solver, who is well organized, methodical, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills including experience with Salesforce or another CRM software.
- Passion for PTNT’s mission
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.