About It’s Time Texas
It’s Time Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that empowers Texans to lead healthier lives and build healthier communities. At It’s Time Texas, we share a belief that health and well-being are the cornerstones of thriving people and flourishing communities. Our shared purpose is to make it possible for all Texans, regardless of income, geography, race or ethnicity, to live their healthiest lives. To do this, we activate Texans around making health a personal and collective priority, while advancing policy, systems, and environmental change to support the health of all Texans. By working with partners and supporters throughout the state, we are changing behaviors, practices, and policies to make healthy living central to what it means to be a Texan. Learn more at https://itstimetexas.org/.
Summary of Position
It’s Time Texas seeks a dynamic Vice President (VP) of Impact to provide leadership, strategic direction, accountability, and innovative solutions for programs including design, delivery, reporting, and evaluation utilizing best practices. Reporting to the CEO, this position is part of the executive team that drives organizational strategy.
The VP of Impact must be an experienced leader with public, population, or community health expertise, an understanding of systems thinking/approaches, and proven success in leading programs that advance health equity. ITT needs a thought leader who will create alignment, innovate responsibly, and grow community capacity building and engagement across Texas. Working with a team of up to 10 direct reports, the VP of Impact fosters strategic alignment among all staff who support, inform, and deliver programming. This position also ensures that the organization delivers meaningful, measurable results with SMART goals in mind—advising when to experiment and when to stay the course. Key responsibilities include:
- program leadership from design to implementation
- internal learning and innovation
- community engagement
- contract and grants management/reporting
- research & evaluation; and
- relationship building both inside and outside the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Team Management (30%)
- Manage a team of up to 10 direct reports
- Drive impact and the achievement of meaningful outcomes
- Provide coaching and support to grow the team’s professional skills and abilities
- Empower team members to grow their responsibilities
- Cultivate a workforce that reflects the people ITT serves
Strategic development and management (30%)
- Act as a senior contributor to the organization’s overall vision and strategy
- Provide insights on emerging trends and opportunities to drive innovation and growth
- Evolve the organization’s programmatic vision and role in advancing health equity
- Play a lead role in bringing the organization’s strategic plan to life; responsible for leading the development of programmatic strategies and working with the programs team to ensure that decision making and actions align with the organization’s strategic goals
- Identify initiatives that enhance the organization’s impact and financial position
- Participate in grant application efforts, leading strategy and solution development
- Identify partnerships and other relationships to deepen engagement and awareness of our organization and mission; act as a brand ambassador to advance these relationships
Program delivery and performance (20%)
- Oversee execution of social impact strategies and programs
- Develop sufficient mastery of our contract and grant commitments to provide guidance/oversight to our delivery team and ensure compliance
- Guide the development, refinement, and execution of our new consulting services strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of our key funders’ strategic goals, priorities, and requirements and lead the team to achieve results on time and within budget
- Serve as executive sponsor for grants and contracts, including ITT’s HHSC SNAP-Ed contract
- Lead regional growth strategy to grow impact of ITT
Evaluation, insights, and organizational learning (20%)
- Lead program evaluation function, including evaluation plan development, data collection, management, analysis, and reporting
- Use evaluation data to assess whether our efforts are producing the intended results and value and inform our programming model and impact strategies—identifying when a program is not producing the desired outcomes.
- Lend thought leadership to positioning the organization’s unique value proposition and delivering value to target audiences consistent with our messaging/storytelling (and vice versa)
- Evolve the organization’s data strategy for more general data-informed decision making and communicating our impact effectively.
Education & Experience
A degree in public health, population health, public policy or a related field is required. Minimum 8 years’ experience in health/human services program design, development, implementation; including 5 years in a senior management role. Candidates who are fluent in Spanish are encouraged to apply.
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to empower others to succeed
- Open to learning, investing in, and trying new ideas
- Ability and comfort leading courageous conversations regarding impact and outcomes of initiatives
- Strong research and analysis skills, and the ability to translate complex information to others simply
- Proven track record of managing multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent and persuasive communicator, both written and verbally
- Demonstrated experience leading diverse and inclusive teams
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Passion for the mission of It’s Time Texas.
Salary and Benefits
It’s Time Texas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity and transparency in its hiring practices. The base salary for this position is $100,000 with opportunity for salary increase based on experience and qualifications. This position is exempt.
ITT offers a generous benefits package including:
- 100% paid, employee-only medical coverage
- Five weeks PTO
- Monthly cell phone and wellness stipend
- Two-week (paid) office closure each December
- Employer-paid Short and Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance ($50k for the employee)
- Vision and dental plan options
- Retirement benefit options
- Eight paid holidays
The ITT home base is in Austin, Texas and employees are currently working virtually. While staff members are in multiple regions across the state, VP of Impact candidates based in the Austin metro area or central Texas are preferred. Periodic travel may be required within Texas. ITT offers a flexible work environment, company sponsored activities, and commitment to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs.
How to Apply
Wise Resource Development, LLC has been retained to lead the recruitment of the Vice President of Impact for It’s Time Texas. Wise Resource Development is a nonprofit consulting agency specializing in recruiting skilled nonprofit professionals.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.