VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential” through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Vice President of Development
Location: Euless, Texas
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
As a member of the Executive Team, the Vice President of Development is a key contributor in setting the vision and strategic priorities of fundraising and development of the organization. This position will help forge new relationships to build the organization’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The VP of Development also will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support
- Key contributor in setting the vision and strategic priorities of fundraising and development of the organization.
- Forges new relationships to build the organization’s visibility, impact, and financial resources.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
- Works with the President/CEO, the Board and with other staff in developing strategic development goals for the agency.
- Establishes and implements the infrastructure needed to grow the budget through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
- Expands and diversifies the organization’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives.
- Works closely with the board of directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
- Develops and executes all proposals; writes and archives all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
- Organizes, implements or supervises fund raising activities that include: foundation and corporate solicitation, individual major gifts, annual campaigns and direct mail campaigns.
- Identifies, develops, and mentors the development team.
Master’s degree preferred plus six years in a related field OR Bachelor's degree plus eight years directly related, transferable experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Ability to effectively direct and supervise
- Experience working with Senior Level executives in a corporate environment
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!