Presbyterian Night Shelter is a haven for Fort Worth's homeless community, offering food, shelter and the opportunity to ignite their journey from homeless to home. The Shelter's goal is to equip guests so they can successfully transition to a safe, stable, and independent lifestyle; we do this by providing access to critical services and resources through our programs and overnight emergency shelter. As the largest homeless shelter in Tarrant County, we serve approximately 650 men, women and children each night.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong experience in building strategy through short and long-range goals, objectives and actionable plans that will complement the mission, vision, values and goals of the organization. Must be highly organized with a detail-oriented mindset, support the process, system and analysis of donor data and adhere to ethical standards of fundraising and marketing principles.
Must have a valid Texas Driver's license and proof of auto liability insurance.
- Work closely with the CEO to set direction, define and coordinate strategies for the department
- Oversee the implementation and manage all activities of development, marketing, public relations and volunteers and report progress to CEO and PNS board of directors
- Lead and establish revenue goals, develop annual and long-range workplans to identify and secure (human, financial, in-kind) resources to implement overall development plan and oversee the department budget and manage expenses.
- Oversee all development of fundraising and marketing materials, proposals, reports and organizational collateral materials.
- Serve and engage with the Board of Directors, liaison with committees and community to effectively steward, recognize and renew donor giving.
- Develop and lead marketing, public relations and communication strategies and plans from concept to implementation for internal and external audiences.
- Supervise Director of Volunteer Engagement, volunteer recruitment, engagement, and recognition, and community outreach.
- Guarantee action plans and messaging to articulate and implement communication needed to effectively promote and grow the donor base.
- Active leadership in planning and executing capital fundraising and planned giving activities to ensure productive, efficient and successful implementation and accountability. Lead committee work with fundraising volunteers and CEO.
- Leverage the relationship management program with team assignments and manage a portfolio of major gift prospects stewarding them to consistent and upward trending giving.
- Interface with the board of directors and oversee the work of the Resource Development committee.
- Develop tactics to market planned and major giving, match prospects and work through a cultivation and solicitation plan
- Oversee annual organizational events including annual Gala fundraiser, working with the volunteer committee to ensure adherence to budget, sponsorship and ticket sales, and successful revenue goals.
- Work closely with CEO and other leadership staff to collaborate on and define fundraising opportunities for program funding.
- Oversee continuous development and maintenance of accurate and useful donor records within the donor database to facilitate effective relationship management and stewardship activities for all capital and annual fundraising.
- Develop and maintain clear and accurate reporting and analysis, creating course corrections as necessary in order to achieve financial and department goals.
- Provide a strategic level of visibility and relationships in the community that portrays Presbyterian Night Shelter as a valued community asset and an attractive opportunity for philanthropic support.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- Certificate in Fundraising Management or CFRE preferred
- 8-10+ years of demonstrated leadership experience managing and growing a team of professional staff and volunteers.
- Effectively demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to mobilize and work alongside board members with proven excellence in oral and written communication skills.
Send resume and letter of introduction to:
M. Gale & Associates
Professional Talent Partnership with Presbyterian Night Shelter
3000 Race Street, Suite 108
Fort Worth, TX 76111
Write “VP for a Good Cause Resume” in the subject line
No phone calls please.