Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Vice President of Development will lead and execute on a comprehensive development strategy for the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer and members of the senior team to provide strategic leadership to advance organizational fundraising priorities.
- Partner across the development team and organization to drive high priority initiatives related to Founders Circle, Night at the Museum, sponsorships, a growing endowment, and major gift fundraising for the Museums Centers of Excellence.
- Serve in a leadership capacity to strategize, solicit and drive funding across the organization.
- Develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for prospects and donors within assigned portfolio, collaborating as appropriate with staff leaders, volunteers, and Board members.
- Develop a strategic development plan to grow the Museums endowment and oversee the implementation of a planned giving program.
- Partner with CDO and CFO and/or other financial staff to ensure good financial stewardship of gifts and planned gifts entrusted to the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
- Maintain record of all cultivation strategies, contacts, solicitations, and results of contacts with prospects and donors in the database of record.
- Performance will be evaluated and reported via various metrics, including face-to-face prospect visits, documented communications and interactions, and solicitations submitted and secured.
- Provide effective stewardship to major donors and develop and document plans for continued engagement.
- Leverage prospect management and prospect research best practices and tools.
- Participate or lead departmental or organizational project teams as requested
- Bachelors Degree.
- Ten plus years of experience in a fundraising leadership capacity with demonstrated success closing major gift commitments.
- Experience working with high-level decision makers, trustees and other volunteers.
- Ability to develop brand and engagement strategies to encourage interest in the Perot Museums fundraising priorities.
- Experience thinking strategically and holistically about annual fund development.
- Proven ability to effectively develop and steward long-term relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to set expectations, establish priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced development department.
- Ability to serve as an entrepreneurial leader across cross-functional departments; values relationship building and collaborative problem solving.
- Fundamental understanding of planned giving.
- Experience closing corporate sponsorships.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Dallas and North Texas philanthropic community desired.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of multiple teams, and to encourage and support both individual and groups of people.
- Keen judgement to know when to act decisively and when to seek consensus, and then have the ability to respond accordingly.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, while working efficiently and addressing a wide variety of considerations under deadlines.
***The Perot Museum of Nature and Science is also currently looking for a Major Gift Officer, Corporate and Foundation Programs, please use this link to apply*** -