The American Heart Association (AHA) is looking for a proven sales leader to fill the Vice President Heart Challenge position in our Dallas regional office. This candidate will be responsible for directing and collaborating with internal staff, corporations, C-Suite executives, and community leaders to maximize fundraising efforts for the Dallas area. Accountable for securing and managing top corporate accounts, securing six-figure sponsorships and personal gifts, identifying, and recruiting volunteer leadership, and for holding others accountable to their fundraising goals and objectives.
Job duties include:
- Support strategic planning and forecasting by maintaining trend and forecasting reports and analysis.
- Identify, cultivate and secure multi-year six and seven figure sponsorships.
- Manage/supervise assigned staff. Recruit, interview, hire, orient, provide training as appropriate, evaluate, counsel, provide discipline as needed, and terminate as necessary.
- Participate as a member of the Dallas Senior Leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in a management capacity. This experience may occur within the 5 years related experience.
- Ability to lead, guide and inspire staff and volunteers to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours and attend meetings beyond the framework of the normal working schedule.
- Demonstrated experience, skills or aptitude in sales and/or marketing.
- Skill in effective oral communications including conversing by telephone and conducting presentations to large and small groups.
- Skill in effective written communications, including business writing, clear and concise narrative reports, evaluations and other narrative pieces.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Attracting hardworking, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
Our Rewards & Benefits package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with creative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association. To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as our sales training & relationship development program- Building Powerful Partnerships which received a 2017 Learning! 100 Award from Elearning! Media Group, and various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center. This position is eligible for our full benefits and retirement packages, generous PTO accrual, paid holidays in addition to the week of December 25th off!
While we can only contact applicants, who are most qualified for the position, we do appreciate all applicants for their interest and effort in applying.
Please click on the link to apply!