POSITION: Student Support Liaison
REPORTS TO: CEO
HOURS: Flexible schedule and will require four evenings a week & an occasional weekend
BENEFITS: Full medical and dental provided
The Student Support Liaison addresses gaps in educational, emotional, and physical needs. This position will be expected to work closely with the students, maintain an environment of trust and nurture, and engage with them on a regular basis in ways that contribute to both the students’ and the organization’s success. The Student Support Liaison will provide assistance in times of stress, alleviate crisis situations, counsel, and link students to needed resources.
The Student Support Liaison performs a wide range of duties, including some or all the following:
- Partner with the youth in designing an individualized plan for each student based on goals, needs, and gaps.
- Implement, evaluate and revise plans on an ongoing basis.
- Establish and maintain rapport with all youth in the program.
- Manage up to 40 students at a time.
- Accurately and consistently maintain files on each student.
- Meet with the school administration regularly.
- Attend school events to support students (sports, lunches, etc.).
- Work the after-school program for Incarnation House Monday through Thursday until 8:00 PM.
- Meet with staff on a weekly basis to review student needs and plans. Work with Program Director and Volunteer Manager to address individual and group needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, child development, youth ministry, education, or related field.
- Knowledge of issues related to low income and at-risk kids.
- One to three years working with at-risk youth desired.
- Strong communication, organization, and management skills.
- Outgoing, friendly, and high energy personality.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Incarnation House’s mission.
The candidate needs to have strong relationship management skills working with diverse populations, cultural sensitivity and people-skills like good listening and good communication (written and oral) are vital.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs & requests of others, internally and externally. Understand the impact of their work on others.
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to build rapport with young people and maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted. Especially the Principal and Social Worker at North Dallas High School, DISD personnel, IH Board members, and key partners in the community
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger staff team
Please send cover letter and resume to Evelyn Costolo at firstname.lastname@example.org.