The Grants Accountant reports directly to the VP of Finance, CFO and is responsible for restricted funds and grants accounting; assisting with general ledger and account analysis; and providing backup for the Accounts Payable position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 2-year experience with general ledger and financial statements
- Experience in QuickBooks preferred but not required
- Nonprofit experience preferred but not required
Job Skills Required:
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Word and Excel including complex spreadsheets
- Time management skills and confidentiality
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Process, reconcile, and maintain accounting records for all restricted funding and grant contracts including creating budgets, financial information for grant applications, monthly RFR’s, and financial compliance and reporting.
- Maintain list of staff covered by grants.
- Maintain YTD list of expenses covered/uncovered by grants.
- Prepare daily report of incoming checks and weekly deposit for operating account.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Process Guardian Angel pledge accounting and monthly reconciliation to Raisers Edge.
- Analyze GL accounts and restricted funds.
- Prepare agenda and notes for weekly grants management meetings.
- Prepare GL detail report of monthly income for restricted funds review.
- Reconcile petty cash.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget, annual audit, and IRS Form 990.
- Cross train to provide backup for the Accounts Payable function.
- Other duties as assigned.
No phone calls or third-party agencies regarding this position, please.
Applicants will only be considered if they submit a resume and cover letter answering the following questions to: Jobs@caccollincounty.org.
• Why do you qualify for the position?
• Why do you think you be a good fit for this organization?
• What are your salary expectations?