As the state's oldest community foundation, our client is a place where donors can find deep local knowledge and administrative help to support their giving, and where nonprofits can find resources, they need to serve the community.
Since the turn of the 21st century, our client has been regularly awarded more than $20 million in grants each year. Concern for the community, respect for donors, thoughtful giving, and careful investing - these core values have guided the Foundation since 1929. They've grown and changed just as Dallas has. But they remain, as always, here for good.
Staff Accountant - Gift Processing and Donor Services
As a key member of the Finance team, you’ll be primarily responsible for managing all aspects of gift processing, tax receipting and acknowledgements as well as supporting constituent records management in partnership with the Philanthropic Partnerships department. As a primary user of Raiser’s Edge CRM, you’ll play a critical role in the system's data integrity, including donor gift substantiation. This role works closely with Philanthropic Partnerships personnel to ensure timely gift processing, accurate gift receipting, appropriate crediting of gifts to funds, and donor support regarding gifts and fund openings.
- Creating and updating constituent records, receiving credit card transactions, inputting gifts, as well as creating and recording check deposits, stock transactions, wires, and ACH transfers.
- Creating and sending tax receipts and acknowledgements to donors, ensuring that the Philanthropic Partnerships team has reviewed and approved acknowledgements as necessary.
- Determining legal credit for gifts/payments and researching donor questions related to gifts as necessary.
- Managing all credit card donations and ensuring PCI compliance of those transactions.
- Overseeing the process (e.g., paperwork, online access, etc.) of establishing/opening of new accounts with financial institutions in order to establish new donor funds.
- Support Raiser’s Edge database to maintain best practices related to constituent records management, including data entry to ensure that the most comprehensive and up to date data is housed securely and correctly. Partner with liaison from Philanthropic Partnerships team to ensure that critical data to that team Is captured in the Raiser's Edge system. Work to ensure that data Is configured in a way that enhances donor tracking and reporting.
- Managing the gift reporting process by generating select weekly, monthly and ongoing financial gift reporting.
- Perform monthly PayPal and Blackbaud merchant services reconciliation processes. Provide information related to gifts coming into The Foundation via wire, ACH, checks, and stock contributions on a daily basis to support bank reconciliation.
- Perform daily reconciliation to ensure that Raiser’s Edge subledger and Financial Edge general ledger are aligned and reflect daily activity.
- Provide donor service and support Philanthropic Partnerships team efforts by providing critical updates related to gifts from donors, organizations and foundations for timely recognition and response to occur.
- Maintain records related to grants and pledges made to The Foundation and related fiscal sponsorships. Critically evaluate payments and documentation received to ensure that necessary information is on file to support the treatment of funding received, including donor restrictions. Follow up with Director of Community Funds and VP, Community Impact as necessary.
- Maintain the pledge rollforward throughout the year. Utilize this reconciliation as a means to support the reconciliation process between Raiser's Edge as a subledger of Financial Edge general ledger.
- Prepare and maintain accounting records for The Foundation, including but not limited to accounts receivable as well as journal entries for transactions involving cash receipts.
- Review accounting documents for accuracy, clarity, and compliance with Foundation policies and procedures, accounting standards and relevant laws and regulations.
Abilities, Knowledge and Skills
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and track multiple projects
- Heightened sense of initiative as a self-starter
- Superb customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish effective relationships with both internal and external audiences
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, accounting, and database systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years related experience and/or training. Non-profit experience a plus.
- CPA Certification or eligibility to sit for CPA exam preferred
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation and time off
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: