The Sr. Director of Operations will oversee the development of all operational and programmatic staff, project & vendor management and operating policies & procedures while providing leadership among external partnerships. Assists with providing direct oversight of shelter operations, ensuring programmatic accountability and fiscal stability; recruits, trains, and supervises program managers; provides staff training and development; plans, develops, and implements program policies and procedures; develops management information; and ensures compliance with Austin Street Center policies, contract and licensure requirements.
- Exercise overall responsibility for the safe operation and effective results of all operations programs
- Be responsible for maintaining effective communication and interaction with staff in all areas of the shelter while ensuring the staff receives the necessary training and professional development that will equip them to be successful in their job descriptions
- Collaborate with the CEO to execute the strategic plan
- Ensure that staffing all staffing meets the appropriate needs for coverage, including but not limited to sourcing, recruitment, and development of staff
- Guide and support departmental staff meetings ensuring that all direct reports are held accountable
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment for staff and clients while ensuring that clients all are moving towards attainment of supportive housing or independent living
- Operate the facility and programs within the approved limits established by the annual budget, review and approve expenditures; coordinate orders for operating budget
- Act as agency representative by providing leadership in collaborative partnerships/grants, representing Austin Street Center interests among area Continuum of Care agencies
- Ensure that programs adequately drive desired outcomes
- Supervise project management for needed upgrades in facilities, programming, and software
- Manage expenditure of restricted funds, ensuring that Shelter Ministries of Dallas accounting policies are followed
- Plan for, monitor, and evaluate all internal operations of the shelter
- Identify and implement efficiencies in workforce utilization and distribution of resources
- Act as a liaison between program, maintenance, administration, and development personnel
- Conduct detailed evaluations, studies, and prepare related reports and recommendations.
- Assure the shelter remains in compliance with City and State regulations.
- Assure that the physical environment of the shelter is maintained and respond to quality assurance questions in a timely manner
- Ensure shelter maintains its contractual compliance regarding program goals and objectives
- Assist with any other projects / assignment that may be assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Nonprofit Management or a related field
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ successful experience in the fields of: services to homeless people; clinical social work with medically frail, mentally ill or at-risk populations; or in senior-level shelter administration. In addition, successful experience with annual budget preparation and budget management are strongly desired.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on face-to-face, empathetic communication with consumers.
- Exceptional leadership skills in dealing with the public, the staff and clients coupled with a personal commitment to serving the poor and disadvantaged.
- Experience working with people experiencing homelessness, people with a mental health diagnosis and medically frail populations.
- Knowledgeable in operations and management principles, procedures, and practices.
- Possess strong organizational and detail orientated skills
- Demonstrates adaptability to performing a variety of duties, occasionally changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
Qualified candidates can submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.