The AHA has a fantastic opportunity for a Sr Director - Heart Challenge of Tarrant County. The selected individual will be responsible for the implementation of Heart Walk, CycleNation and Field Day events and will provide staff service to volunteer committees and volunteer coordinators, as necessary, to implement and successfully complete assigned development projects. The Sr Director will supervise staff who lead Heart Challenge events while adhering to specific “Best Practices” and report to the Executive Director in Ft. Worth, TX. The goal for this position is $1.25M.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop and implement agreed-upon goals and objectives for the Tarrant County/Fort Worth area to enhance the efficiency of the revenue generation, programs, and community mobilization activities of the SouthWest region.
- Direct and manage programs, revenue generation and volunteer development. In conjunction with field staff, oversee the activities of the area.
- Monitor and evaluate territory income performance through development of monthly campaign reports, annual fundraising campaign plan, end of year reports, and needed campaign monitoring tools.
- Manage/supervise assigned staff. Recruit, interview, hire, and provide training as appropriate.
- Meet with staff on a regular basis to review the status of goals and objectives and to recommend changes or approaches which will enhance the efficiency and the effectiveness of program activity, revenue generation and public information efforts.
- Serve as staff liaison between assigned field territory and the SouthWest region in order to ensure implementation of common goals and to promote a harmonious working relationship.
- Serve as a member of the SouthWest region’s Senior Revenue Team (SRT) and Management Team (AMT). Attend meetings and provide leadership and guidance.
- Consistently monitor, evaluate and trouble-shoot Development & Field Support activities throughout assigned territory to ensure appropriate contingency plans are identified and implemented.
- Organize and coordinate large and small functions for varied groups.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of American Heart Association staff, volunteers and the public.
- Proven background and willingness to work in an atmosphere requiring flexibility and change.
- Delegate and accomplish goals through volunteer engagement.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred. Experience may be substituted for the educational preference.
- A minimum of five years’ experience with the American Heart Association or similar voluntary non-profit agency in development positions with progressive growth.
- Knowledge of community organization, volunteer management, board management, sales, fundraising, and marketing principles, practices, techniques, and trends.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation, and training. Skill in written communications to include clear and concise narrative reports, evaluations and similar narrative pieces.
- Able to read, comprehend and analyze number goals, as well as fundraising reports. Skill in use of spreadsheet/database analysis.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Attracting hardworking, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do. Our Rewards & Benefits package not only give you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with creative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as our sales training & relationship development program- Building Powerful Partnerships which received a 2017 Learning! 100 Award from Elearning! Media Group, and various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
Please click on the link to apply! https://bit.ly/3wZLVpR