Hope Cottage has been building families through education, counseling and adoption services since 1918.
Hope Cottage is hiring part-time social workers, bilingual in Spanish preferred. We are seeking counselors to manage up to 5 concurrent pregnancy clients. The hours of this position are flexible, depending on client needs and the majority of work can be done in the field and from home. The average hours per week will be 20-30 and the pay is $20-23 hourly depending on qualifications, experience and bilingual abilities. Our infant adoption counselors provide counseling and case management to pregnant and parenting clients with a focus on adoption minded birth mothers. Services are provided in person as well as virtually in individual and group settings. This is an opportunity to make a positive and lasting change in the lives of infants and families and fill a critical role in ensuring parents have the knowledge and opportunity to make informed decisions for themselves and their children.
- Provides a timely response to inquiries from pregnant and parenting clients
- Provides adoption options counseling for clients considering adoption
- Conducts needs assessments and creates service plans
- Provides on going case management for assigned caseload
- Facilitates matches, match meetings, relinquishments and placement activities with the infant adoption team, supporting clients’ wishes to the extent possible.
- Provides post placement counseling and support for birth families, including grief counseling in an individual and/or group setting.
- Attends required court hearings.
- Is responsible for outreach to organizations who serve pregnant and parenting populations
- Participates in “on call” duties and is available 2 weekends per month to respond to hospital referrals, if needed.
- Uses effective time-management skills to meet the demands of the position
- Minimum of 1 year of client case management, experience working with a child placing agency preferred
- Bachelor’s in Social Work from an accredited university required, Master’s degree preferred
- Fluent in English, Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Possesses sound judgement; maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Confidence in presenting to an audience of 10 or more people
- Proficient in using technology including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Teams, Zoom and presentation software and equipment
- Forms strong and respectful working relationships within team
- Ensures compliance with all organization policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Maintains a neat and clean appearance
- Accepts other duties to support the program and the agency as assigned
- Brings problems to the attention of the supervisor; is willing to ask for help
- Maintains confidentiality of client information 100% of the time
Hope Cottage Hope Cottage is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Hope Cottage would love to hear from you. Please send your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email resumes to HR@hopecottage.org.