The Family Place is seeking an experienced leader for our women and men's shelter that provides safety and security for victims of domestic violence. LMSW preferred.
Position Summary: Responsible for the overall programmatic operations of shelters and supports staff Case Managers and Resident Advocates. Monitors, evaluates and provides supervision for all case management and support services provided to clients who enter the residential services programs; supervises all aspects of service provision to residential clients including day to day assistance and advocacy.
- Provides day to day supervision and management of the emergency shelter services at Ann Moody Shelter and related support staff; monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of client case management, and advocacy services.
- Assures overall compliance for residential services programming and ensures compliance with state and funder standards and policy and procedures implementation. Submits timely and accurate quantitative and qualitative reports and evaluations.
- Facilitates weekly individual supervision and team meetings with the clinical residential services program staff and monitors the effectiveness of services being provided; monitors program census.
- Collaborates with other Residential Services Program Directors regarding client service delivery; provides on call coverage in rotation with Residential program managers.
- Ensures that staff keeps accurate, up-to-date documentation on all clients, including but not limited to, case plans, case notes, etc.
- Encourages staff development and education; provides on-going training to all program staff on the issues of domestic violence and monitors on a regular basis to ensure staff maintains professional knowledge.
- Interviews and screens potential staff for open positions; administers annual and mid year employee evaluations; provides coaching and performance feedback to members of the clinical residential services team; works with Senior Director of Residential Services and Senior Director of Human Resources addressing employee relations issues, disciplinary notices, performance improvement plans, etc. Assists in the development and monitoring of program budget; ensures compliance with agency’s purchasing/procurement policies.
- Assists in the writing and development of grants, foundation requests and identified funding opportunities to support Residential Services programming.
- Maintains a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Participates in community speaking engagements and professional training when needed.
- Attends and participates in all mandatory agency functions including but not limited to The Family Place annual staff meeting, new board orientation and volunteer training.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requirements: Master’s Degree in Social Work or similar degree, and 3-5 years of experience in direct services to victims of domestic violence or similar human services program. At least two years must be in a domestic violence or sexual assault program. Two years of supervisory experience required. Bilingual preferred, but no required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and clear driving record
- Current LMSW license preferred.