The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tarrant County is currently seeking candidates for the position of Senior Vice President of Advancement. The Senior Vice President of Advancement reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for building the strategy, conducting fundraising, managing the performance of the resource development and marketing efforts of the organization.
About the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tarrant County
In May 2018, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Fort Worth and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Arlington made the decision to combine and form the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tarrant County. Once effective in October 2018, the merged organization will be the largest of its kind in Texas, leading the state in several key metrics of youth impact. Already the Boys & Girls Club is a leader in the local non profit community, making a fundamental impact on the lives of over 21,000 kids and teens. As the organization grows, incredible opportunity exists to rally support from partners, corporations, foundations and individuals throughout Tarrant County to make an even bigger impact. Coupled with a board and executive leadership team focused on growing the organization into the future, we are excited to announce a wonderful opportunity to expand our team with the hiring of a Senior Vice President of Advancement.
Do you like influencing others for positive change in the world? Are you motivated to lead others and achieve success through relationships? Are you a planner? If you answered yes to those questions, keep reading.
An ideal candidate for Senior Vice President of advancement will:
- Establish self as a credible representative of the Boys & Girls Club cause
- Convince donors to support the cause
- Build trust and rapport quickly and relates well to people of varying backgrounds
- Hold self and others accountable for completing tasks on schedule
- Have fundraising experience, including Board fundraising engagement
- Be high energy, driven, dedicated, motivated, confident, flexible and creative
- Have a network of contacts
- Accept responsibility for actions
- Have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
About the Position
This individual will:
- Provide Leadership: Build the strategy and manage the functioning of the resource development and marketing efforts, working closely with Club staff and board leadership.
- Secure Personal Fundraising Targets: Directly manage, along with a team, a portfolio donors and prospects from discovery, cultivation, engagement and solicitation to ongoing stewardship.
- Manage Department to Fundraising Targets and Marketing Objectives: Oversee all fundraising and marketing activities. Areas of responsibility include special events, affiliated fundraising groups, cultivation events, grant writing, research and prospecting, reporting, database management, stewardship program, social media communication, public relations, digital and print creation, website and digital communication, direct mail, and internal marketing and communication support.
- Reinforce Culture of Philanthropy: Champion philanthropy at all levels of the organization, advocating for donors of all types.
Salary & Benefits
The Club offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health and welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.