Job Title: Senior Systems and Database Administrator
Department: Philanthropic Partnerships
Reports to: Chief Partnerships Officer
Category: Exempt; Full-time
Description Summary: Reporting to the Chief Partnerships Officer, the Senior System and Database Administrator manages the Foundation’s systems and database. Responsible for oversight of donor database management, gift processing, receipt and acknowledgments preparation, creation of fund records and associated relationships, research, data integrity, records maintenance, and reporting. The Administrator will also serve as liaison to the Finance Department and outsourced IT Services and be the lead manager on any system and database migrations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for donor, and fund holder database management and integrity through the creation of internal policies and procedures and system security.
- Manage and oversee Gifts Processing Associate to ensure accurate and timely processing, receipting, and reporting of all gifts and payments to The Dallas Foundation and the accurate creation of constituent records.
- Manage the organizational process workflow for fund openings and closures to support donor experience. Responsible for initial set up the fund records within the Foundation’s various software platforms with input from and coordination with a broad array of team members.
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure accurate records management including for grantee organizations, scholarship recipients and financial records.
- Coordinate with Finance Office the monthly distribution of fund statements for all funds and other fund activity that is needed on the front facing donor portal.
Reporting and Systems Management
- Coordinate and provide when appropriate timely and accurate internal and external reporting, including reports related to gifts, grants, and fund activity.
- Manage using system information and data, identify operational improvements and dashboard metrics to better support strategic decision-making. Manage system issue resolution with software vendor as necessary to ensure operational efficiency.
- Serve as a project manager to support the Foundation’s enterprise software system migration
- Coordinate the validation of data overseen by the Philanthropic Partnerships team, namely donor, contribution (gift) and grant information.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Undergraduate degree required; masters preferred.
Five – seven years of work experience in system and database administration.
Prefer experience in development related to research, campaign and/or foundation or education environment, with extensive reporting, systems, and stewardship expertise. Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge/Financial Edge, software used in community foundation’s a plus.
- Strong knowledge of research resources including vendors, electronic data providers, and web-based information sites and searching techniques.
- Exceptional writing, editing, quantitative, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to accuracy and detail and ability to maintain confidentiality and supervise others.
- Interact effectively with others including high profile individuals and foundation leadership, meet deadlines, and work effectively under time constraints.
- Expert knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications, as well as constituent relational databases.
- Excellent planning, strategic, analytical, and implementation skills. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple and diverse tasks independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with technical support providers, management, and end-users.
- Prior experience as a project lead or manager in software system implementations.
- Ability to manage and validate large data sets to support data migration in software system implementations.
- Strong initiative in designing and pursuing goal-oriented programs and projects, with ability to assess and anticipate needs for information, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and other departments.
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional standing and lifting of at least 5 pounds
- Long periods of sitting
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com