Shelter Ministries of Dallas is a non-profit organization whose mission is to shelter homeless and victims of domestic violence and to provide a continuum of care and services to help enable positive life changes.
The Senior Staff Accountant provides strong support to the accounting team and connected staff through functions related to financial reports, restricted fund analysis, payroll processing, audits (annual financial audit and retirement plan audit), tax returns, quarterly tax reports and general office operations to help ensure the goals and objectives of Shelter Ministries of Dallas will be achieved in a cost effective and efficient manner. Help ensure Shelter Ministries of Dallas is in full-compliance with governmental, financial and organizational rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
General Daily Work: Involved in all accounting functions, included (but not limited to):
- helps make correcting, adjusting and year-end journal entries
- creates and prepares financial reports for internal and helps with external reporting needs
- prepares accurate and thorough pre-audit reports & works directly with auditor/s to provide documentation necessary to ensure a clean audit
- reconciles all bank statements monthly
- helps ensure financial policies and procedures are consistently available to all staff and recommends adjustments when discrepancies or changes occur
- helps maintain strict internal financial controls, including ensuring that proper segregation of duties is achieved
- maintains and updates internal procedural manual for the finance office as well as the manual provided to external staff
- helps consistently analyze and identify expense concentrations and aberrations
- helps monitor cash flow needs of the organization
- helps maintain integrity of accounting database and performs regularly scheduled backups of all data
- maintains records needed to prepare annual budget and cash flow reports
- works with Director of Accounting and management staff in developing annual budget
- monitors activities and reports to determine compliance with budget
- attends organization special event functions, as needed, and ensure that proper internal controls are in place to safeguard funds collected
- represents the organization at community events, as needed
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or business (accounting preferred).
- Previous experience with non-profit finances and accounting.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- In depth experience with Excel
- MIP Accounting database experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of New Markets Tax Credits is a plus.
Please email resumes to email@example.com