The Senior Officer, Operations will solicit develop and implement strategies to support impactful fundraising opportunities. This person will collaborate closely with clinical leadership, as well as clinical staff, leadership teams and the major gifts officers to analyze specific areas of service line opportunity and develop compelling messaging to fundraise effectively. He/She will provide a systematic and tactical approach of communication to ensure the best possible service and effective communication. This position requires significant teamwork and frequent contact with employees at all levels of the organization. It is a multifaceted role that requires the ability to analyze complex data and develop strong, strategic insights and plans to support effective and measurable Foundation goals.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Direct and lead BSW Dallas Foundation Give to Change efforts – employee and board giving campaigns, while collaborating with Give to Change System Lead.
- Responsible for campaigns and/or fundraising events developed within the framework of the foundation strategy to ensure successful planning, execution and follow-up. Requires ability to evaluate progress toward financial goals and make strategic revisions to fundraising plans accordingly.
- Contribute to stewardship strategy at identified giving levels.
- Develop and craft compelling messaging around giving opportunities for donor prospects. Draft custom proposals and/or presentations for individual prospects.
- Supports or conducts face-to-face visits, solicitations, and other high-level interactions with donors and prospects supporting fundraising events.
- Assess giving potential, recommends target ask amounts, and develops personalized strategies for sponsorships.
- Partner with internal teams to support annual fundraising campaigns.
- Communicate action items, statuses, and potential issues/risks appropriately throughout the course of projects.
- Manage budget and track expenses.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Please note that management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Baylor Scott & White Health.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Non-profit Studies or other related disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- Must be a proficient project manager and possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to implement new initiatives, measure and discern progress and adjust to maximize results. Must be comfortable working within a demanding and complex corporate environment with access to highly confidential and proprietary information.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities. Applies creativity and resourcefulness to projects.
- Outstanding customer service skills and high expectations for quality.
- Proactively builds and grows relationships, collaborates with team members, and gains alignment. Curious learner, adaptable to evolving business needs and a changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Data analysis, interpretation, and visualization skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and apply strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office 365 Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint; experience working with Adobe Creative Suite.
Qualifications - External
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 5 years experience required