United Way is a community-based social change organization that puts opportunity in the hands of all North Texans in Collin, Dallas, southern Denton, and Rockwall Counties. United Way partners with hundreds of corporations, philanthropic organizations, educational institutions, nonprofit service providers, city and state government entities and representatives, advocates, and community leaders to improve education, income, and health – the building blocks of opportunity. United Way leverages our resources and networks to bring the best people, ideas, and projects together to create lasting change. Together, we believe we can build a future in which all North Texans, regardless of race or zip code, have the opportunity and access to achieve their full potential.
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is fully committed in all aspects of our work to becoming a fully inclusive, multicultural, antiracist organization. Those who share in this commitment and who are willing to actively engage antiracist ideas, behaviors, and actions are invited to apply for open positions.
This position will be a critical member of the Community Impact Department and will work closely with the Senior Director, Innovation and Vice President, Innovation and Design to implement current and future Social Innovation programs and products that will help drive measurable impact for United Way of Metropolitan Dallas in its pillars of Education, Income, and Health.
The ideal candidate will have strong relational skills, a growth and learning mindset, a clear focus on details and logistics, and the ability to manage multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously. The ideal candidate will be action-oriented, a self-starter who can take an idea and flesh out the details, and passionate about social innovation and increasing access to resources for underrepresented populations.
The Senior Manager, Innovation will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and logistics of the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas Social Innovation Accelerator, the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas Social Innovation Incubator (in development), and the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas Nonprofit Success Institute, and the Senior Manager, Innovation will support the Senior Director, Innovation and Vice President, Innovation and Design to implement the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas Model Replication Workshop (in development) and the Innovation Challenges and Impact Investing programs.
The Senior Manager, Innovation will report to the Senior Director, Innovation, who will provide the guiding strategy, continued oversight, and technical support for these programs. The candidate will help lead efforts to maintain and grow recognition for the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas as a visionary thought leader in the fields of Social Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship resulting in:
- Delivering measurable impact in our Community through investment in socially innovative entrepreneurial and sustainable businesses that improve lives in the areas of education, income, and health for North Texas;
- Inspiring and equipping social entrepreneurs to build lives and careers that are both right for them and good for the community; and,
- Attracting and retaining a donor base to achieve its revenue goals through innovative fundraising strategies, funding vehicles, and engaging mentor/advisor /donor programs.
The Senior Manager will work with other Community Impact team members and UWMD staff to support continuous improvement of existing UWMD projects and initiatives and to support the execution and rollout of new Community Impact projects and initiatives.
- Operational management of the UWMD Nonprofit Success Institute, including, but not limited to pipeline development, cohort and speaker series content and focus area selection, application, selection, and coordination and relationship management of key stakeholders and program facilitators
- Operational management of the UWMD Social Innovation Incubator, including, but not limited to pipeline development, application, selection, coordination with program partners, and coordination and relationship management with program partners and mentors
- Operational management of the UWMD Social Innovation Accelerator, including, but not limited to pipeline development, application, selection, boot camp design and implementation, alumni engagement, coordination and relationship management of Social Innovation Accelerator volunteer committee and mentors, design and development of the annual Social Innovation Pitch
- Collaboration with Senior Director, Innovation and Vice President, Innovation and Design to implement all appropriate Social Innovation programs and products, including but not limited to Model Replication Workshop (in development), Innovation Challenges, and Impact Investing
- Collaboration with Senior Director, Innovation and Vice President, Innovation and Design to manage relationships with internal UWMD partners (Resource Development Department, Marketing Department, Finance Department, Community Impact Department) and external stakeholders to successfully fundraise for and implement all Social Innovation programs and products
- Participation in activities, as needed, to support initiatives implemented by the Community Impact Department, Resource Development Department, Marketing Department, and UWMD overall
EDUCATION: High school or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred: degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Communications, Social Work, or related field preferred
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 3 years of work experience preferred. Educational attainment (Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees) may substitute for two years of experience. Background in program management, social entrepreneurship, social enterprise, and volunteer engagement strongly desired.
To perform the job successfully, competitive applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
Mission-Focused: Create real social change that leads to improving lives in our community.
Relationship-Oriented: Is able to communicate effectively to develop, grow and sustain productive relationships. Knows how to capture and record relevant information and how to interpret and utilize the information to forge partnerships, collaborate, cultivate, grow, sustain, and strengthen internal and external relationships.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad impact.
Stewards: Our actions, behaviors, and decisions on behalf of our donors must be transparent, meet the highest ethical standards, and align with organizational goals.
Excellent project management, administrative, and organizational skills
Excellent verbal and written communication and strong relational skills
Strong computer skills, including Work, Excel, PowerPoint
Understanding of information systems
Ability to recruit and manage volunteers
Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team and with people from diverse backgrounds
Ability to manage multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously with multiple projects at once
Ability to set, track progress towards, and meet deadlines
Ability to identify challenges, collaborate on solutions, and maintain focus on the overall goal
Strong sense of work-life balance, both for self and for the team
Please apply online: www.unitedwaydallas.org.