Would you like to go home every day knowing you made a difference in the life of a child? If so, join the Big Brothers Big Sisters team and be an impact player making a difference in one of the most prominent agencies in the country.
Big Brothers Big Sisters has the following position available: The Senior Grants and Accounting Manager located in Irving, TX.
The Senior Grants and Accounting Manager helps ensure effectiveness and compliance of the finance and accounting functions. This is achieved by providing primary oversight to the Government Grant Process, managing the team responsible for accounts payable and grant compliance and individually performing some vital accounting functions.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities, Tasks and Activities
Government Grant Process
- Prepare financial reports for internal management and assists in preparation of financial reports for governmental and non-governmental granting
- Assists in the administration of grants to ensure compliance with applicable grant standards, regulations and guidelines. Ensure all internal controls, federal requirements, and sub- recipient policies are
- Assists in the development and provides ongoing monitoring of grant budgets and expenditures to ensure targets are met. Ensure all expenditures have appropriate supporting documentation and that they are reasonable, allowable, and within the scope of the
- Creates and maintains appropriate spreadsheets and documentation such as timesheets, payroll registers, expense backups, billing packet preparation, and invoices to support grant
- Performs various general grant financial functions such as billing, budget amendments, journal entries, and revenue and expense
- Works directly with assigned group of grant sub-recipients to process monthly expense Conduct financial monitoring of sub-recipients in accordance with their MOA’s and grant agreement.
- Assist in the preparation of written and statistical reports and ensure that proper records are maintained. Monitor percentage of funds spent to percentage of program
- Works with appropriate agency departments to gather data for reports and ensure that proper records are maintained
- Provides financial information as it pertains to grants including cost allocation, grant revenue, and
Senior Manager of Accounting Team
- Coordinate data collection and prepare schedules for annual audit
- Reconcile Investment accounts
- Assist with annual budget process
- Assists in the coordination of external audits and monitoring for grant
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in
- Leads, manages, motivates and develops staff members so they achieve their objectives, maximize their potential, contribute their best and effectively collaborate with
- Coordinate processing of accounts payable including effective and accurate monitoring, verification of coding and procedures
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare and post monthly reoccurring journal entries (i.e. Depreciation, Bad Debt)
- Coordinates cost allocation management system
- Imports payroll and related journal entries into accounting
- Assists in the reconciliation of outstanding accounts and grants receivable
- Preparation of journal entries classification in appropriate grant
- Perform other duties, as necessary to meet the overall departmental requirements
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, but not
- Minimum five years accounting
- Proven knowledge in the area of Grant Management and
- Knowledgeable and experienced with accounting software and
- Thorough knowledge of accounting theory, concepts and
- Thorough knowledge of accounting guidelines and procedures of generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) for non-profit
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills for monitoring accounting records and resolving accounting issues.
- Willingness to understand BBBS mentoring
- Advanced level proficiency in Excel. Intermediate experience in MSWord, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Keyboard skills of 45 words per minute, error
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate weekday early/evening work hours and occasional weekend
Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star Cultural Values
- Commits to Safety
- Honors Relationships
- Seeks Collaboration
- Driven to Action
Aside from supporting a great mission, you will enjoy great benefits including medical/dental/vision, retirement (matched); dependent care spending account; awesome time-off and casual dress.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations and indicate "Senior Grants and Accounting Manager – Irving, TX" in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Big Brothers Big Sisters, visit our website at www.bbbstx.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/D
No Phone Calls Please