Dallas/Fort Worth area
Senior leadership position
We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping children ages 0 – 5 prepare for the best possible future by focusing on quality education and increasing their learning opportunities.
Are you a proven development professional who practices relationship-based fundraising? Do you understand issues of early childhood, education, and poverty? Do you wish to be part of team who values hard work and having fun together? If so, we want to encourage you to apply for our senior leadership position in our organization.
Dynamic Development Strategies and DMgroup consulting are conducting a search for an experienced, senior-level development professional, ideally with fundraising practice in the Dallas and Fort Worth areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the organization’s fundraising efforts
- Manage a major gift portfolio of individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Position organization as a thought leader in the early childhood education sector
- Contribute to strategic thinking and operational judgment as a senior leader
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university is required
- 7+ years of progressive work experience in fund raising, sales management or related field
- 3+ years of senior leadership experience in managing team members
- Experience managing budgets, forecasting revenue and a keen understanding of financial documents
- Understanding of issues of early childhood, education, and poverty
- CFRE preferred, but not required
- A strong record of accomplishment as a nonprofit development professional, or in other roles that demonstrate the relevant skills and deep understanding of the social sector
- Ability to connect with institutional and individual donors’ values, to “make the ask,” and to build strategic long-term relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge of Dallas, Fort Worth, and surrounding cities, and their major philanthropic investors
- Knowledge of the full range of nonprofit solicitation techniques and marketing methods
- Experience with national funders
- Ability to listen well, learn continuously, and think creatively
- Experience managing a team to elicit the most from their strengths, to execute complex routines and projects, and to inspire colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing, and an understanding of digital tools
Please direct inquiries and resumes with cover letters to Michelle Crim, President, Dynamic Development Strategies: mcrim@DynamicDevelopmentStrategies.com and include Senior Director of Development in your subject line.