At United Way of Metropolitan Dallas, we believe that together, we can tackle complex, interconnected issues and create lasting change in our community. Our mission is to put opportunity in the hands of North Texans by improving education, income and health throughout four Metropolitan Dallas counties: Dallas, Collin, Rockwall and Southern Denton counties. Our vision is to inspire the community – people from all walks of life and every part of our community – to Live United and achieve lasting results right here at home.
United Way brings the best people, ideas and projects together to create opportunities for all North Texans. It fosters social innovation, mobilizes volunteers, drives business participation and spurs the public and lawmakers to act for the common good.
The Senior Director of Executive Communications plans, supports and implements internal and external communications, including earned media, for the CEO and President and the Senior Leadership Team. The Senior Director Executive Communications must be able to capture and clearly articulate the “voice” of the CEO in all communications.
The role entails both strategy and execution, shifting effortlessly and cheerfully between the two. It requires the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
The Senior Director of Executive Communications will work directly with the CEO and Chief Strategy and Impact Officer to develop all for the CEO’s internal and external executive communications, including social media posts, thank you notes, donor solicitations, formal presentations, op-eds, and thought leadership pieces. The Senior Director of Executive Communications will work closely with the Chief Brand Strategist to ensure all executive communications are on-brand and will collaborate with the Chief Development Officer, VP Marketing, and Resource Development leadership to ensure alignment of all CEO communications with brand strategy.
The Senior Director of Executive Communications will also manage the external Public Relations agency for United Way and will develop, own, and conduct ongoing measurement of the earned media plan.
To perform the job successfully, applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Mission-Focused: Create real social change that leads to improving lives in our community.
- Relationship-Oriented: Is able to communicate effectively to develop, grow and sustain productive relationships. Knows how to capture and record relevant information and how to interpret and utilize the information to forge partnerships, collaborate, cultivate, grow, sustain and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad impact.
- Stewards: Our actions, behaviors and decisions on behalf of our donors must be transparent, meet the highest ethical standards and align with organizational goals.
- Develop the CEO’s internal as well as external communication plans and manage and evaluate delivery of the CEO’s internal and external communications.
- Provide communication support to CEO and senior level staff by drafting speeches, scripts, documents, newsletters, donor and all other constituent correspondence.
- Prepare presentations for the CEO and senior level staff.
- Attend meetings with the CEO, record notes, and manage CRM documentation.
- Prepare social media plan and manage social media communications for the CEO.
- Manage external PR agency.
- Conduct weekly PR meeting with agency and key staff members.
- Track and monitor earned media performance.
- Serve as media spokesperson for the CEO, as needed.
- Prepare CEO and other staff for media interviews.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Expert written and verbal communication
- Expert team player and leader
- Ability to make decisions and act, even under pressure
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to complete given tasks perfectly within the given time
- Project management expert, with ability to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Superb organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivated, team and goal-oriented individual with the ability to drive results
- Technical skills preferred: Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro or Final Cut and After affects
- Knowledge and experience with media communications
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field. Graduate degree or commensurate experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5-years’ experience in an executive communications or similar role
Please apply online:https://unitedwaydallas.org/careers/