Senior Companion Program (SCP) recruits, trains and places senior volunteers age 55 or older to provide assistance and friendship to elderly, homebound individuals. Senior Companions provide the services that elderly need to live independently including: taking care of simple chores, providing transportation to medical and other appointments and outings offering contact to the outside world. Senior Companion volunteers receive a stipend of $2.65 an hour, mileage reimbursement, annual physicals and other benefits.
The Program Coordinator provides administrative and programmatic support for the Senior Companion Programs in Dallas county by assisting the Program Director with the development of new volunteer sites, recruitment and placement of volunteers, planning and conducting in-service trainings, orientation trainings, maintenance of volunteer records and payroll.
- Recruiting, screening, training, and placing volunteers; maintaining records and preparing reports concerning volunteer attendance, transportation, meals and physical examinations; and conducting in-home visits to help monitor placements
- Extensive volunteer supervision and coordination
- Complete bi-monthly payroll for volunteer stipend checks
- Maintain volunteer personnel files
- Assist with annual volunteer recognition events
- Assist Program Director with development of partner agencies
- Performs other duties as assigned by SCP Director or Director of programs