• Provide leadership for the employment service area, and as a senior team member, work to create program efficiency and forward-thinking opportunities for older adults seeking employment.
• Provide 1:1 career coaching for older adults, including goal setting, resume help, interview strategies, job searches, job leads, and identify and assist older adults with removing barriers to employment.
• Provides group training and vocational education in person and virtually on diverse topics that will assist older adults with achieving employment and financial stability.
• Responsible for the planning, coordination, and implementation of events and activities,
including job fairs and other workshops or seminars that meet older adult needs.
• Develops and maintains relationships with public and private employers to develop on-the-job training, expand job opportunities and placement for older adults, maintain awareness of the local job market, attend job fairs, and perform other outreach and training activities.
• Leads and participates in project initiatives as a member of a cross-functional team inside and outside the scope of expertise and experience, including representing the team on community boards or committees.
• Documents all required and necessary information and interactions timely and accurately in online client and document management systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned by EFSC Director or Chief Operations Officer.
• Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree with five to seven years of any combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to employment service delivery, workforce development, human resources, or career counseling that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
• Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Capacity to work in a first of its kind program that requires a high level of adaptation and willingness to be flexible as the project evolves.
• Proficiency in technology and data management systems a must.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Julie Krawczyk at JKrawczyk@theseniorsource.org