The Chrest Foundation is seeking an experienced individual for a full-time Senior Administrative Manager (SAM) position. The SAM will provide overall administrative support to the Foundation including grants management, interaction with and coordination of accounting, investment, legal, and program related consultants and advisors, and communications with the Board of Directors. The SAM will report directly to the President. The SAM will enjoy working within a small, social-entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-focused, and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, be extremely detail oriented, have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as possess excellent administrative and organizational abilities. The SAM will also be able to work independently and lead as well as manage sizable infrastructure projects. The SAM will be able to manage a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion and exhibit a pleasant and welcoming demeanor in person, on the telephone, during video conferencing, and in electronic communications. The position requires demonstrated applied skills in Microsoft Office Suite and grant-making management software.
Job Duties and Responsibilities will include the following:
- Serve as primary point of contact for potential and existing grantees; verify grantee funding eligibility.
- Respond to Letters of Inquiries (LOI) sent to Foundation’s general email address; conduct initial grant review; route appropriate LOIs to President for further review.
- Manage grant process: review grant proposals along with President, review of project budgets and financial reports, prepare grant agreements, manage grant payments, correspond with grantees, create and maintain electronic and paper grant files which are complete and compliant, track grantee reporting.
- Create post-grant documents, such as amendments, etc.
- Maintain Foundation’s corporate records.
- Provide overall management for Foundation’s website: ensure functionality, updates, develop content, etc.
- Engage and meet with grantees, funders, and others in the foundation/non-profit industry as needed.
- Compose written communications on behalf of the Foundation.
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes, etc.
- Lead long-term infrastructure projects; research and develop strategy for administrative project execution.
- Oversee implementation of electronic grants management system.
- Provide complete administrative support for meetings and events, including ordering and set-up of any refreshments.
- Pick up, sort, open, and route all incoming mail correspondence; ensure outgoing mail is picked up.
- Assist with the production of materials and logistics for Board of Directors’ meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years foundation experience or equivalent required; 5+ years preferred.
- Strong document management skills.
- In-depth experience working with financial information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe PDF, and industry leading browsers.
- Strong organizational abilities, with close attention to detail and precision.
- Foreign language skills a plus but not required.
- Approachability, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Excellent time management skills with a results-oriented focus; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines concurrently.
- Ability to discern sensitive matters and handle them with discretion and diplomacy.
- Professional demeanor, dependability, integrity, good judgment, creativity, and a sense of humor.
Compensation for the SAM position includes a competitive base salary and an excellent package of health and other benefits. The position is based in Dallas County, Texas.
The Chrest Foundation, established in 1999, is a private foundation based in Dallas County, Texas in the United States. The Foundation has been supporting civil society organizations in Turkey since 2001 that concentrate on increasing gender equality and fostering communication and dialogue through arts and culture. The Foundation is currently developing a second giving program that will transpire in the United States. Thematic Areas the Board of Directors are considering for the United States program include Criminal Justice Reform, Economic Growth in Underserved Areas, and Communication and Dialogue through Arts and Culture.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.