We operate two Christian transitional living homes in Collin County: Blake’s House (for Women) and His House (for Men). Our transitional living homes serve young adults aged 18-25 who have aged out of foster care, or who are homeless and without critical supports. We provide a warm living environment, equip residents with life skills, foster educational and career advancement, and build a network of support around them through mentors and individual coaching. If you believe yourself to be a good fit, please submit a cover letter detailing how you are qualified and why you're interested in working with us along with your application.
The Residential Manager position is a live-in multifaceted leadership position which requires skills in several different areas. The residential manager works in collaboration with the director of programs to foster a family-like environment and to ensure rules and policies are being followed. This person must be a team player and flexible as daily tasks vary each day. The residential manager serves as a positive role model to residents and provides critical support to them as they work the program. We are looking with someone who shows initiative and drive to build the program. Due to nature of position (serving in a male residential home), we are accepting only male applicants.
The compensation package for this position is $45,000. This includes health insurance and housing. Deducting the expenses, take home pay will be $30,000. The position will include three weeks paid vacation per year, as well as gas reimbursement.
The position is full time. Working hours will vary each week based on the resident's needs; some evening and weekend hours will be required.
1. High School Diploma (working towards college degree, or college degree preferred).
2. Basic knowledge of life skills (how to thoroughly clean, cook healthy meals, practice self-care etc) and a willingness to model healthy habits.
3. Personality traits of empathy and consideration as well as a team player attitude.
4. Past non profit/ leadership experience.
5. Able to keep program and resident information confidential.
1. House Managers are expected to build a rapport with each of their residents through their daily interactions.
2. Be open and available for residents to come to you with any issues they may be facing and to give the resident the necessary help they need.
3. Conduct weekly meetings with residents to monitor program progress and provide accountability towards goals and financial habits.
4. Enforce rules and policies and engage in disciplinary policy when residents do not program expectations.
5. Assist residents in researching and connecting to community resources.
6. Drive residents to appointments as needed.
1. Spend time with the boys doing your regular routine, running errands, cooking, hanging around the house, etc.
2. Complete weekly chore and encourage residents to do the same. Additionally, complete daily chore checks for residents chores.
3. Meet weekly with Director of Programs to provide feedback regarding resident interaction and progress.
4. Dispense medication as needed.
5. Facilitate Thursday night life skills classes.
6. Work with Director of programs to coordinate volunteers serving at His House.
7. Assist Director of programming with marketing opportunities when needed.
1. Maintain supply sheet and ensure all housing items are replenished when needed.
2. Conduct weekly/monthly checks on household systems and provide light house upkeep. (AC filters, sprinklers, electrical problems etc.
Apply Here: https://forms.gle/LxUFFbJHB1cq349i8