Reports to: Executive Director
Supervisory: Residential and Programming Staff
The Resident Services and Programming Senior Director manages the day-to-day activities of Resident and Program services ensuring that case notes and outcomes are documented, Program planning is relevant with appropriate classes for each resident and Resident services is ensuring that each resident has the support that they need including case management and counseling.
Work to improve processes, quality, productivity and efficiency for Emily’s Place Resident and Program services. Analyze and contribute to financial decision-making and maintain fiscal responsibility as it pertains to facilities and operations.
Promotes a positive team environment by working to restore a trust about the safety of Emily’s Place, approach problem solving in a collaborative manner to share success and challenges together and provide support for RPAT Care Team.
Communication and meetings
- Schedule and manage weekly meetings with RPAT Care Team to discuss residents and share information regarding needs, issues, milestones, etc.
- Attend all other staff meetings, trainings and other appropriate meetings and conferences as required.
- Maintain effective communication with the Executive Director and RPAT Care Team.
- Attend meetings with collaborative social service partners to present Emily’s Place information and gather resource information for Emily’s Place staff and resident families.
- Work with Executive Director on budgets, audits and grants.
- Advise on residential issues as Senior Leadership and a member of RPAT.
- Oversee Residential management team.
- Supervise all aspects and staffing of the residential program including application to discharge.
- Verifies security, background screenings and drug tests have been performed and passed.
- Schedule and conduct weekly RPAT meetings reporting updates to Executive Director.
- Advise on residential issues as Senior Leadership and member of RPAT.
- Supervise maintenance and upkeep of all residential rooms ensuring that rooms are deep cleaned after resident exit.
- Assist in the resolution of resident conflict.
- Oversee Program Director ensuring that the program needs of the residents are being met.
- Ensure the smooth and proper functioning of the current program.
- Ensure programs always support and advance the organization’s mission.
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Manage daily operations that support and implement current program objectives.
- Provide strategic vision and strong leadership.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that policies and procedures are followed and are updated as needed.
- Responsible for the Resident Handbook, ensuring that the handbook is current and includes all necessary guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Work with RPAT Care Team to keep policies and procedures current, continuously providing input regarding improvement.
- Follow established Emily’s Place Program protocol, policies and procedures.
- Follow policies including background checks, screening, intake, weekly monitoring of family progress and exit from program.
- Ensure that there are up-to-date and accurate records on all families served, with case notes updated and documented in Sharevision within two business days.
- Completes all required statistical records and reports in a timely manner.
- Work with Executive Director on budgets and grants.
- Oversee and manage members of the RPAT Care Team.
- Serve as on-call staff and oversee the on-call, rotating system for residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RPAT is responsible for collaboratively providing a case management plan, implementing appropriate programming, and monitoring progress of clients. As such, each member is expected to be a team player and proactively encourage and maintain a collaborative approach and team environment.
- Treat team members as you would like to be treated.
- Communicate key information to all team members in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Give honest and direct, but not unkind, answers.
- Encourage team members to share their ideas.
- Actively listen to others.
- Be aware of your tone, your body language, your expression and your demeanor so that negative or dismissive feelings are not conveyed.
- Include all necessary team members in meetings and lunches.
- Be proactive in working to ensure that any team member is not identified as “the nice one”, “the safe one”, “the bad one” or anything that encourages staff and/or clients to not view the RPAT team as singular in their care, advocacy and services for clients of Emily’s Place.
- Maintain a professional communication style. Be honest but polite.
- Respect others’ ideas and differences.
- Address every concern as it arises and, if necessary, involve HR in any issues before they escalate.
- Proactively encourage, promote and maintain a team environment.
- Senior leaders are expected to maintain confidentiality of all matters discussed, addressed and/or pertaining to leadership meetings, decisions, etc.
- Senior leaders are expected to promote healthy collaboration of their direct reports with other departments/team members
- Senior leaders are expected to be collaborative as there is not a single leadership role that does not impact other senior leadership role(s) nor is there any senior leadership role that can be successful and efficient without relying on other senior leadership role(s)
- Promote a healthy workplace by not engaging in unhealthy communication or attitude.
- Encourage a respectful, collaborative and engaging team environment representative of EP’s values and mission.
- Represent EP in the community and on campus in a professional manner.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with all current and former clients of EP.
- Participate in senior leadership meetings and high level decision making as a part of the Executive Director’s senior leadership team
- Participate in the hiring process of additional team members/contract workers as appropriate.
- Attend meetings with collaborative partners to present Emily’s Place information and gather resource information for Emily’s Place staff and client families.
- Represent Emily’s Place as requested in community events/activities
- Facilitate tours as requested.
- Facilitate volunteer trainings as needed and assist in the management of volunteers.
- Keep Executive Director informed with detailed and accurate reports.
- Prepare and maintain budgets; Meets budget by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Provides input for grants and audits.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Improves Emily’s Place results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; rewriting policies and procedures.
- Developing or approving budgets and operations, assisting with funding.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 7+ years of management and supervisory experience.
- 5+ years of managing budgets and fiscal responsibility.
- 5+ years of experience working with compliance, regulatory and licenses.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software
Please email resume and letter of interest to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line to apply.