This position will be a critical member of the Community Impact Department and will work closely with the Executive Director of Housing Stability, Senior Vice President of Community Impact by providing rental assistance navigation services to North Texas residents. This position was created specifically to help residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is fully committed in all aspects of our work to becoming a fully inclusive, multicultural, antiracist organization. Those who share in this commitment and who are willing to actively engage antiracist ideas, behaviors, and actions are invited to apply for open positions.
The ideal candidate will have strong relational skills, a growth and learning mindset, a clear focus on details and logistics, and the ability to manage multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously. The ideal candidate will be action-oriented, a self-starter who can take an idea and flesh out the details, and passionate about housing, homelessness and increasing access to resources for underrepresented populations. The ideal candidate will go above and beyond to find solutions and problem solve in order to help clients get their needs met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct case management to assist clients with accessing the assistance needed to stabilize their housing situation.
- Conduct proactive outreach to local residents at risk of eviction to connect them to rental assistance.
- Screen clients for rental assistance eligibility
- Interview, assess and assist clients with rent assistance needs
- Provide additional and appropriate services, referrals and education to the applicant
- Serve as a strong, professional representative of United Way of Metropolitan Dallas in the community
To perform the job successfully, competitive applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
Mission-Focused: Create real social change that leads to improving lives in our community.
Relationship-Oriented: Is able to communicate effectively to develop, grow and sustain productive relationships. Knows how to capture and record relevant information and how to interpret and utilize the information to forge partnerships, collaborate, cultivate, grow, sustain, and strengthen internal and external relationships.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad impact.
Stewards: Our actions, behaviors, and decisions on behalf of our donors must be transparent, meet the highest ethical standards, and align with organizational goals.
EDUCATION: High school or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred: degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Communications, Social Work, or related field preferred. Experience can be substituted for education.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 3 years of work experience preferred. Background in case management or social work strongly desired.
- Experience connecting individuals and families to community resources
- Ability to communicate with community partners, build organizational relationships and relate well to participants, staff, and volunteers
- Basic competency in computer technology for communication and database entry
- Good organizational skills, ability and willingness to exercise initiative, work independently within a team framework, with great attention to detail
- Comfort and experience in having difficult conversations and verbal de-escalation techniques
- Interacts with all levels of personnel and the public in a positive and cooperative manner
- Ability to read and comprehend a variety of written communications and publications
- Ability to research, interpret, analyze and evaluate data
- Ability to handle conflict and maintain composure under pressure
- Available to work a regular Mon-Fri schedule. Some weekends and evenings may be required.
Please apply online: www.unitedwaydallas.org