This role is responsible for developing and implementing a robust strategy, including annual program goals and long-term aspirations and objectives, to achieve NFTE’s mission in the North Texas region. Reporting to the President & CEO, the Regional Director will work closely with the Interim Vice President, Regional Operations, the Vice President, Development and other members of NFTE’s senior management team to set, execute and track overall organizational goals, priorities and outcomes.
In partnership with the Development Director, the Regional Director will strategize big-picture goals and outcomes and also develop tactical plans to support NFTE’s experiential program model for youth through in-school, out-of-school and summer entrepreneurship programs. The individual selected for this role will be responsible for driving regional market strategies and earned revenue of NFTE’s products and programs while overseeing support services of programming within the K-12 education market. The Regional Director will be responsible for providing direct support to NFTE schools and teachers (our customers).
Additionally, the Regional Director will lead regional financial planning and works in collaboration with the Development Director to build and effectively manage the Regional Advisory Board.
The ideal candidate must be an entrepreneurial, highly experienced leader capable of managing a fast-growing regional operation. This position is for a motivated, hardworking, creative leader who brings a deep commitment to, passion for and belief in youth entrepreneurship education as a transformational opportunity for young people. Position has potential to grow and expand into an Executive Director role as NFTE continues to refine its regional operations model.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop tactical plans to support high quality, best-in-class programming, expand NFTE’s student reach, increase student impact, and train and support a growing corps of entrepreneurship educators.
- Build strategic partnerships across the community and raise NFTE’s visibility broadly and among key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Develop, maintain and grow existing relationships with district leaders, administrators, teachers and local colleges and universities as well as attract and build relationships with new schools, networks of schools and other potential strategic partners.
- Provide leadership to and manage the efforts of site staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Manage and support NFTE-trained teachers and ensure successful implementation of curriculum and professional development resources.
- Manage the North Texas program team to support and ensure student impact, program expansion and successful implementation of NFTE Teacher Corps initiatives.
- Coordinate with regionally based teacher leaders, assess needs of NFTE teachers and provide professional development and instructional monitoring support as required.
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting of the sales-funnel progress, account plans and regional territory management activities.
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets by developing new business while cultivating and strengthening ongoing business relationships.
- Collaborate with other regional and home office team members to continuously improve and introduce scalable implementation and support best practices.
- Stay current with industry, competitors and educational trends including territory specific issues and opportunities to customize the positioning of NFTE’s programs.
- Partner with NFTE’s Development team to support fundraising initiatives and create compelling donor funding opportunities.
- Work with NFTE’s Finance team on budgeting, including earned income forecasting and expense management.
- Work with the Research/Curriculum team related to program fidelity, data and outcomes measurement.
- Collaborate with NFTE’s Marketing department to develop on-brand collateral that supports programming.
- Additional duties as assigned/needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in program design, implementation and support services in the youth development and/or K-12 educational market, with sales experience a significant plus.
- Track record of sales success demonstrated by having met or exceeded sales quotas.
- Experience networking with high level district administrators and decision makers.
- Experience managing and building/mentoring a regional team of program support staff.
- Key relationships with senior-level, regional and/or national education contacts responsible for K-12 in/out of school programming preferred.
- Knowledge of K-12 district/school program delivery with a strong technology background (including knowledge of tech platforms school districts use to deliver programs).
- Experience developing support systems/processes for teacher engagement and development.
- A team player who is able to work well across the organization on complex issues.
- Highly developed ability to prepare and deliver oral and written communications and proposals.
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Energetic, self-starter with strong work ethic.
- School-based or central office administrative experience a plus.
Why our employees love working at NFTE:
- Competitive salary & total rewards suite of outstanding comprehensive benefits
- Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance are fully paid by the company
- 403(B) with company match
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Employee pre-tax savings for personal medical expenses not covered by health plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Employee pre-tax savings for child care services
- Transportation savings account (TSA): Employee pre-tax savings for public transit and parking services
- Paid Family Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Generous vacation (PTO) & additional holiday break (Christmas to New Year’s Day)
- Recognition, incentive, bonus programs
- The position will require regional and some national travel.
- Position will be based either remotely (virtually) and/or in the North Texas metro area.
- Remote (virtual) and/or with standard office work environment.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship) is an internationally recognized education nonprofit that activates the entrepreneurial mindset in young people. Research shows the entrepreneurial mindset—skills and behaviors including innovation, self-reliance, and comfort with risk, communication and problem-solving—prepares young people for lifelong success. Equipped with the mindset, as well as with the business and academic skills NFTE teaches, NFTE students are ready to thrive in the innovation economy no matter what path they choose. NFTE focuses its work on under-resourced communities across the U.S. and around the world.
Go to NFTE’s website Careers page. Please attach your resume along with a brief cover letter. In your cover letter please respond to the following three points:
- Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements listed in the job description.
- Why you want to work for NFTE.
- Your salary requirements/expectations.
Your cover letter is important. Candidates who express interest by following directions and providing the requested cover letter will be given priority.