The Way Back - Location: Dallas, Texas
Job details - Job Type: Full-time, Exempt $40,000
The Way Back is looking for a results driven, experienced case manager to fill the role of Reentry Specialist. This position will serve as the face of the organization within the Dallas and surrounding areas, interacting with participants, transitional facilities, correctional agencies, and other community-based organizations and agencies.
The Reentry Specialist will be the lead case manager for the organization and will maintain frequent contact with participants, conducting intakes and assessments, identifying needs and goals, connecting participants with applicable services and resources, as well as coordinating referrals for clients.
Who We Are:
The Way Back provides reentry services and holistic case management to people with recent criminal convictions, working to move them from crisis to stable and thriving lives. We are a faith-based, 501(c)3 organization that has been serving the formerly incarcerated in the Dallas area for 48 years.
Who You Are:
- You have 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- You are familiar the barriers and needs of the formerly incarcerated and how to align support and resources to meet those needs (housing, income/employment, transportation, identification, healthcare, etc.)
- You are deeply dedicated to seeing that everyone has an opportunity to build a stable future.
- You are experienced in providing feedback and guidance to participants to encourage their growth and continued development.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
- You're a strong multi-tasker and an organized worker with the ability to maintain oversight of all of the details as you coordinate many moving pieces.
- You have an understanding of the importance of tracking client needs, progress, services, and achieving programmatic outcomes.
- You have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and are able to travel throughout the area.
- You are an innovative, self-starter who has exceptional administrative skills.
- You have the ability to connect with community resources such as social workers, case managers at other organizations, social service providers, etc.
- You enjoy setting a weekly schedule for follow-up and reporting.
- You have a knack for building out and expanding services to ensure participant success.
- You have strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and can easily adapt to new programs.
Responsibilities of the Reentry Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Spend 75% of time connecting with participants to complete intakes, assess needs, and provide case management, including regular follow-up, monitoring and documentation of progress.
- Coordinate services for participants, such housing (emergency, rapid rehousing, transitional), basic needs (hygiene, food, clothing, healthcare), identification (ID, birth certificate, social security card), employment, etc.
- Conduct participant outreach by presenting services through visiting correctional and transitional centers, and other Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to ensure those in need of reentry services are aware of The Way Back.
- Responds to mail, email and phone inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain frequent contact with participants to track services and milestones, and update data in our outcomes-based system.
- Connect participants to educational and vocational opportunities as related to their short- and long-term goals.
- Use motivational techniques as appropriate to help guide participants to goal achievement.
- Create participant profiles in database and consistently and accurately document all participant contact, services and progress in our outcomes-based system (Apricot - Social Solutions).
- Prepare reports using organization database and ensure all data is accurate and reported to senior leadership in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community-based organizations and social service agencies to build a network of services available to participants.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.