Job Title: Recruitment/Placement Lead
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Exempt Grade 6
Work Location: Fort Worth
Last Updated: September 17, 2018
The Recruitment/Placement Lead (R/PL) is responsible for developing, implementing, and assessing comprehensive year-round recruitment plans for girl troop membership growth, executing effective strategies to increase awareness of Girl Scouting by securing new adult volunteers, new girl members and community partnerships through leadership of a recruitment team.
The Recruitment/Placement Lead develops and implements strategic communication strategies and plans to promote recruitment across the entire council jurisdiction. She/he provides strategic oversight, champions efforts related to council strategic priorities, and is accountable for ensuring that these strategies and plans are consistent with the philosophy of Girl Scouting, relying on the strength of voluntary leadership by adults. The Recruitment/Placement Lead fosters and enhances strong relationships with adult volunteers and corporate and community partners. She/he works cross-functionally with other team members to meet membership retention goals as well.
The Recruitment/Placement Lead will consistently exercise discretion and judgment with respect to matters of significance. This job is not routine, clerical or administrative in nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides strategic leadership in the recruitment of girls and adults through development and implementation of community cultivation strategies to elevate and enhance visibility and financial support of the Girl Scout mission and program.
- Responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and assessment of comprehensive recruitment plans for girl and membership growth and for leading the outside and inside recruitment teams.
- Provides strategic oversight and champions efforts related to council strategic recruitment goals.
- Provides leadership to the development of resources to support the council’s recruitment strategies.
- Ensures that recruitment strategies and plans are consistent with the philosophy and mission of Girl Scouting and the council’s overarching strategy.
- Takes a leadership role in building strong relationships with adult volunteers and corporate and community partners.
- Works in partnership with other operational and organizational functions to support organizational mission, goals and strategic priorities. Aligns objectives and plans with other council initiatives and projects and represents the recruitment function on the expanded senior leadership team.
- In partnership with Chief Operating Officer, develops and implement recruitment strategies and materials.
- Develops and manages departmental budgets and corresponding resource allocations.
- Utilizes technology to prepare status reports and documentation of activity, follow-up and adherence to processes and goals for recruitment.
- Ensures the integrity of data and independently run reports (Salesforce, Infoscout, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
Honest and Fair
Friendly and Helpful
Considerate and Caring
Courageous and Strong
Responsible for What I Say and Do
Respect Myself and Others
Use Resources Wisely
Make the World a Better Place
JOB QUALIFICATIONS - - Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Bilingual (Spanish) bicultural, preferred but not required.
- Experience in Salesforce.com is a plus.
- 3 - 5 years in recruitment or sales with a proven ability to close the deal and achieve results
- Must hold membership in the Girl Scout organization and commitment to the mission and goals of Girl Scouting including the Girl Scouts Promise and Law.
- Proven ability to work with volunteers, community leaders, organizations, and businesses.
- Demonstrate and promote a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to coworkers, volunteers and others in contact with.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and produce results.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including travel, nights and weekends.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Verbal fluency, good grammar and professional appearance.
- Adheres to the Council’s Affirmative Action Policy, which ensure that there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts before and after hours, and on weekends, when re
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, work in an office environment, work in a seated position, and work with computers.
- The employee must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
I have read and understand the above position description.
Please apply at email@example.com