The Simmons Family Gateway Resource Center’s team members focused on assessing families for appropriate services, triaging families into area shelters, as well as providing services to help families recover from the traumatic effects of homelessness and to remain stabilized (employment, etc.). The receptionist is responsible for:
- greeting families seeking assistance for shelter, housing, and employment services
- answering the telephone, provide appropriate direction and resources for callers
- connecting regularly with assessment team members and emergency shelter receptionist
- keeping families comfortable while waiting for services
- Provide welcoming, compassionate, calm presence for families in crisis who are seeking services to end their homelessness.
- Manage multiple, competing demands while maintaining composure.
- Communicate with team members about guests waiting for services
- Obtain basic demographic information from guests and record into HMIS system; make guests comfortable and meet basic needs.
- Answer helpline calls, complete triage screening and provide appropriate resources.
- Greet, and help incoming guest find their placement, connecting them to appropriate team member for support.
- Provide periodic back up to Assessment & Diversion staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPVERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: ____ Yes __X___ No
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidate should have an Associate’s degree with at least 2 years in a professional environment; professional experience may substitute for education.
Candidate should be passionate in serving others, especially vulnerable populations and those who have experienced/are experiencing trauma.
Candidate must be able to work under a great amount of pressure and accomplish multiple tasks in a short amount of time.
Candidate must be extremely organized and demonstrate a high attention to detail.
This is a full-time and it is subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Work hours are on Mondays-Fridays 9a.m.-6p.m. Applicants should be able to work in a cooperative team atmosphere, function smoothly under stress, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
May be sitting for long periods of time.
Submit cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org