Readers 2 Leaders is looking for a dedicated Receptionist to be the first point of contact for the organization.
Duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the organization. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and multitasking skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. Required hours vary throughout the year. Monday- Thursday 12:30-5:30pm, during After-School. Schedule changes during Summer Camp, required hours are between 9am-4pm.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Answer phone calls and route as necessary. Check voicemail and forward correspondence.
- Maintain communication with parents of students in programs.
- Translate program materials in English and Spanish.
- Assist parents with program registration.
- Assist program staff with scheduling parent meetings; translate meetings when necessary.
- Manage library database, check-out and book processing system.
- Manage inventory of office supplies and materials.
- Assist colleagues with administrative tasks.
- Welcome and assist visitors.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist with checking the post office on a weekly basis
- Assist Office Manager with maintaining facility duties
- Other duties assigned from management
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word; in English and Spanish.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Skills & Abilities
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience
Some experience is a plus but not required
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Ability to write clearly, with accuracy, readability, and editorial correctness across multiple modes and daily communications.
Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
Dedication to continuous improvement and learning, both as an individual and an organization.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate openly and work collaboratively in a team.
Certifications & Licenses:
No specific certifications or licenses are required for this position
100% fluency in English and Spanish (oral and written)