PROGRAM OPERATIONS MANAGER - FULL-TIME
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to Lauren Richard, Executive Director at email@example.com.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Programming and Leadership Development (“Program Director”), the Program Operations Manager performs a wide range of administrative duties related to the AmeriCorps program, database management, financial management, and general office support. The Program Operations Manager requires an extremely organized and detail-oriented individual with significant knowledge of, or a willingness and ability to learn, internal company processes and procedures, including those related to managing AmeriCorps member files, managing program data in Salesforce, and financial management assistance, including data entry. The Program Operations Manager also has responsibility for coordination of certain office matters, including incoming calls and flow of correspondence. All staff, including the Program Operations Manager, are responsible for upholding the mission and values of Project Transformation, including the covenant relationship of the United Methodist Church.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: This position requires daily, weekly and monthly responsibilities that must be completed in a timely manner, including but not limited to:
- Providing support to the Program Director & Finance Administrator with hiring protocols, including processing of all Criminal Background Checks for AmeriCorps members and staff.
- Supporting summer hiring and recruiting by receiving AmeriCorps member hiring packets; recording/maintaining very detail and organized hiring list; following up on missing hiring information, as needed; preparing summer housing residents’ list.
- In conjunction with the Finance Administrator and with oversight from the Program Director, ensuring completion and organization of all AmeriCorps member hiring paperwork and packets and maintenance of member files in compliance with all rules and regulations, including AmeriCorps requirements.
- Ensuring timely completion of data collection and outcomes for reporting and audit purposes, including for the AmeriCorps grant.
- In conjunction with the Finance Administrator and with oversight from the Program Director working in Salesforce to ensure accurate data input and collection.
- Preparing various reports from Salesforce, in support of the administration and program teams.
- Assisting the Finance Administrator with data entry, including for payroll.
- Answering telephone and directing the caller to appropriate personnel. Greeting and directing visitors to the company. Taking and retrieving messages for various personnel.
- Providing callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Receiving, sorting and opening all incoming mail, may also assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Order/maintain office supplies as needed, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assisting in facilities management, including the organization of office space and housing for AmeriCorps members.
- Gathering staff updates and creating reports and agendas for staff meetings.
- Assisting the Executive Director with various daily, weekly, and monthly tasks, as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS: This position requires at least the following minimum requirements:
- High School diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred. This position requires at least 2 years of office operations experience and experience working with Salesforce.
- Must have excellent organizational and detail orientated abilities. Must be able to work well under pressure. Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to work with others to resolve issues and maintain composure in an environment of changing priorities.
- Must have excellent computer skills including Excel, Microsoft, QuickBooks, Word and Outlook and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus but not required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: This position requires working in an office setting. The position requires long hours, handle conflicts, and make decisions under pressure. This position requires sitting, standing lifting (maximum 25 pounds) for at least 8 hours and a normal range of hearing and vision. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires operation of computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone and so on. This position must be able analyze complex information and keep confidentiality.
- Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.