Reports To: President and CEO
Founded in 1980, CNM is the leading nonprofit management consulting firm in North Texas with offices in Dallas and Fort Worth. CNM’s mission is to strengthen communities by working with nonprofits and other stakeholders to focus on results through strategic management and data expertise and leading-edge technology. Today, CNM is well positioned to grow significantly throughout the United States and seeks a Program Operations Director to work closely with the President and CEO to ensure successful service delivery to clients in a cost-effective manner.
The Program Operations Director will have responsibility for the operational aspects of CNM programs. This includes being fully knowledgeable about all CNM services, ensuring projects are staffed and budgeted appropriately, and client expectations are met/exceeded. Additionally, the Program Operations Director will be involved in service delivery as needed in a consulting and/or project management capacity.
- Implement organizational vision as established in CNM’s Strategic Plan
- Serve as project lead for complex and/or large-scale projects and consult with nonprofit clients as needed
- Ensure ongoing program excellence including determining timelines and resources to achieve program goals
- Assist in attracting, developing, coaching, and retaining high-performance team members
- Work with staff to maintain procedures that ensure consistent, high-quality service delivery
- Provide leadership in ensuring effective inter-departmental communication, sustain culture, and support staff during organizational growth
- Ensure the necessary systems, processes, and tools are maintained to meet service delivery demands
- Work with the Marketing Manager and President and CEO to obtain input from departments for CNM grant requests and reports to foundations and corporations
- Participate in Community Engagement Team meetings to ensure sufficient capacity for potential new projects
- Ensure CNM’s internal dashboard accurately captures program outputs and outcomes, and identify opportunities for continuous program improvement
- Serve on CNM QMS Council and work with department staff to ensure program procedures are efficient, effective, complete, and current as needed for CNM’s Quality Management System
- Manage proposal and services agreement preparation by staff and invoice generation by CNM accountants
- Work with departments to develop annual program budgets
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required/MBA preferred
- 10 years of management experience, preferably in the professional services industry
- Track record for consistently delivering quality services on time and on budget
- Excellence in financial management and analysis at organizational, department, and project levels; human resources experience a plus
- At least 5 years of experience in project planning
- At least 3 years of experience working with nonprofits
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency that includes Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Exceptionally high level of adaptability, organization, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong work ethic, judgment, and leadership skills
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Genuine commitment to CNM’s mission and values – leadership, integrity, quality, teamwork, and stakeholder focus; department financial performance; and staff and client management.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is located in Dallas, Texas. A reliable vehicle is required.