Rooted in the guiding principles of President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush, the George W. Bush Presidential Center engages communities in the United States and around the world by cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. The Bush Center is home to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, which is operated by the National Archives and Records Administration, and the George W. Bush Institute, the non-partisan, public-policy arm of the Bush Center. The Bush Center is located on the campus of SMU in Dallas, Texas, and also includes a 15-acre park, a full-service restaurant, Café 43, and a museum store.
Housed within the George W. Bush Presidential Center, the George W. Bush Institute is an action-oriented, nonpartisan policy organization with the mission of cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. It raises current and thought-provoking issues and builds programs to address the challenges facing our nation and our world. The work of the Bush Institute is inspired by the principles that guided the Bushes in public life: education is the foundation of a successful life; freedom is a universal human desire; free enterprise is the engine of economic prosperity; and every human life is precious.
The Program Manager, Leadership Programs will be responsible for supporting the day to day implementation and leading the operations of the George W. Bush Institute’s Stand-To Veteran Leadership Program. Additionally, the Program Manager will be called upon to support the operations of other leadership programs across the Bush Institute. Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
Leadership Program Coordination
- Coordinate program schedules.
- Oversee international and domestic travel confirmations and visa processing, as appropriate, for all participants and speakers, ensuring that all are booked within the guidelines of Bush Center travel policies.
- Develop program materials and resources for participants.
- Coordinate and maintain detailed records of the program application process, participants and partner contact information.
- Manage program application platform and collaborate with External Affairs on website content.
- Coordinate, manage and book transportation and logistics at each site.
- Manage various consultants, faculty, guest speakers and vendors to ensure a seamless delivery of the program.
- Manage program budget and process invoices in an accurate and timely manner within the guidelines of Bush Center accounting policies.
- Administer platforms for the program that are used for administration and communication.
- Assist with meeting management and scheduling in support of the program.
- Coordinate program evaluations with the research and evaluation team.
- Support Leadership Program participant alumni engagement efforts.
General Institute Responsibilities
- Work with the Leadership Programs team to identify and implement best practices across leadership programs, working to balance high-quality delivery and program efficiencies.
- Work with the Development team to ensure that sponsors are included and recognized as appropriate.
- Produce expense reports for the program team.
- Assist other leadership programs as necessary.
- Support the director and program team with other tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The qualified candidate will possess (a/an):
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Consistent diplomatic and professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication/presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow up.
- Creative problem-solving abilities that generate new ideas and can adjust plans to meet changing needs.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and guiding principles of the Bush Center and the Bush Institute.
Additionally, the qualified candidate will:
- Perform with a highly driven, results-oriented work ethic.
- Operate with the highest levels of integrity and ethical judgment.
- Demonstrate a make-it-happen spirit and collaborative working style.
- Thrive in a team-based environment—sharing duties, pitching in to help, building trust, engaging in productive conflict, holding one another accountable.
- Be comfortable working under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Be able to travel up to 25% (domestic or international), as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit stationary at a desk and use computer equipment.
Please visit our website to submit an online application to be considered for this position. You can access our careers website by visiting www.bushcenter.org and then clicking on "Employment" at the very bottom of the home page.
Position: Program Manager, Leadership Programs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director, Leadership Programs
Division: Leadership Programs