Serve as subject matter expert and oversees the community health grantmaking process across the Komen enterprise, including for Headquarters, field offices, and Affiliated business units. Manages relationship with grants management system vendor and supervises technical deployment and support. Develop policies and procedures on preferred practices to ensure effective and impactful grantmaking with clear and consistent documentation, communication and training. Contribute to communicating the impact of Affiliate grantmaking.
Serves as a subject matter expert for community health grantmaking across the Komen enterprise, including headquarters, field offices, and Affiliates.
- Maintains an advanced level of expertise in non-profit and grantmaking trends and practices.
- Designs an annual project management plan with deployment milestones and deliverables for all steps within community health grantmaking.
- Provides technical assistance to the enterprise; provides guidance to help maximize performance to achieve project success, and exercise good stewardship; interprets and clarifies standards, policies and procedures for programs to ensure compliance with the Komen Operating Guidelines.
- Monitors, analyzes trends, and identifies risks as it relates to the data collected through the online grants management system. Understands the business needs of different departments within the organization to proactively communicate data between intra-and inter-departmental stakeholders.
Oversees the design and delivery of educational activities around grantmaking including grant fundamentals, application and peer review processes, grants administration, and grants financial management.
- Manages policies and procedures related to Affiliate community grant making and ensures principles and information regarding community grant programs are consistently presented to the Affiliates by their Regional Directors and other HQ points of contact.
- Develops and serves as lead trainer for webinars and workshops. Delivers several presentations a year.
Develops manuals, templates, and other training materials.
- Identifies gaps and needs in knowledge; produces content to meet the identified need. Coordinates efforts to provide technical assistance to Affiliates to enhance effectiveness and impact of grantmaking programs.
Tracks and oversees updates to materials on MyKomen.
- Develops and maintains policy and procedures manual for online grantmaking.
Manages relationship with online grants management system vendor and ensures seamless technical deployment and support across the Komen enterprise.
- Supervises the implementation of the online grants management system including oversight of the scheduling and communication of maintenance updates, completion of system enhancements, testing and other tasks related to implementation.
- Responsible for overall project planning and management of the new online grants management system, including monitoring and control, risk and financial management, reporting, and serving as primary liaison with software provider.
- Ensures Affiliate compliance with policies and procedures for use of the online grants management system by providing regular support and updated user manuals.
Supports communications and development efforts to develop strategies and novel approaches for illustrating the impact of Komen's community investments.
- Works with Evaluation Department to track and report on grant outputs and impact.
All other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Health or Business Administration
- 5-7 years of directly related experience
- Experience leading comprehensive grantmaking or grants management operations for an organization of similar size and complexity
- Willingness and ability to travel <25%
TO APPLY GO TO: