We are looking for a program manager to inspire, develop, and lead a team of individuals to achieve the organization’s mission through programmatic excellence.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
Mission and culture contributor: First and foremost - you are deeply committed to the mission and vision of health, wellness, and recovery. You see this position as an opportunity to actualize your passion and connect your values and purpose with an organization’s mission, putting a dent in one of the world’s most pressing problems – addiction and drug recovery. You are a culture-maker, and you believe in the power of creating environments where individuals can work, live, play, and pray.
Supervising and mentoring experience: You are intellectually curious and a life-long learner. You love listening, coaching, problem solving, and learning, and you find joy in asking the right questions and not judging a book by its cover. You dig deep and can execute on a granular level, but you can also find a thread, connect the dots and see the “big picture.” This makes you a valuable sounding board for your team, educating them when they are uncertain, helping them to prioritize and brainstorm, and deepening their professional capabilities.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, the Program Manager oversees day-to-day program operations to maximize program impact, ensure compliance with funding regulations, and achieve strategic plan objectives. The ideal candidate has a collaborative and coaching leadership style with five years of experience in program development and implementation, a documented track record of meeting project objectives and deadlines, strong working knowledge of outcomes management measures, and experience with government contract reporting and monitoring. He/ She is agile and unafraid to get outside of the box and pilot new programs.
The Program Manager will collaborate closely with all members of the management staff. This person must be relationship-centered, collaborative, an exceptional communicator, able to anticipate needs, clear obstacles, and take ownership of projects contributing to the organizational vision.
Key duties of the Program Manager include inspiring staff to achieve objectives, finding creative solutions to program challenges, creating and managing short/long term goals, collecting and analyzing data to measure program effectiveness, and contributing to fundraising efforts. Above all, he or she will be comfortable in a role that demands process mapping, clear communication, decisiveness, and contagious energy and passion for spreading recovery.
- Management of the day-to-day operations of a Recovery Community Center
- Contribute to and develop targeted growth driving tactics in order to hit or exceed program KPIs; identify and execute community events and partnerships across the program region as needed
- Be proactive and take initiative, leveraging learnings from successes and challenges of other departments
- Ensuring timely completion of data collection and outcomes for reporting and audit purposes.
- Manage a diverse staff whose skills, background, and experiences reflect the communities served
- Ensure implementation of effective systems to track program progress
- Work with the Associate Director to regularly evaluate program components for strengths and weaknesses
- Ensure programs and daily activities are aligned with the fulfillment of the organization’s mission
- Ensure fiscal responsibility and integrity in program spending
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Prior professional experience in program management serving vulnerable populations
- Experience managing program operations - updating, creating and streamlining processes to drive efficiencies
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you interact daily with onsite, mobile, and remote staff
- Flexible working hours; available to attend evening and weekend community events and meetings
- Works closely with the Associate Director to initiate and set goals for programs that further the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Strategic thinking to address top-level concerns and find the best path forward
- Strong personal and professional judgment
- Ability to respond quickly to a shifting work environment and adjust initiatives and priorities accordingly
- Create and nurture effective communication within the organization
- Identify potential problems and points of friction and work to find solutions to maximize efficiency
- Ability to interact with the Associate Director, President / CEO, and Board of Directors.
- Works as a team player
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has a strong work ethic with a high degree of accountability
- Makes well-informed decisions
- Can multi-task
- Is flexible and adaptable
- Accomplishes goals independently and collaboratively
- Is a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Has passion, idealism, integrity, humility, and a positive attitude
- Is mission-driven, self-directed, and action-oriented
- Takes initiative
- Finds creative solutions to challenges
- Is a transparent and high integrity leader
- Possesses an entrepreneurial mindset with an innovative approach to program planning
- Works effectively with, manages and inspires diverse groups of employees with a variety of skills, personalities, and learning styles
- Serves as a team mentor to build the cohesiveness, capacity, and competence of program staff to further their growth and development while empowering them to participate in decisions that affect their daily work
- Cultivates collaborative partnerships and builds a coalition of internal and external partners
- Recruit, train, and supervises interns as they support staff and perform practicum tasks.
- Provide annual performance evaluations and consultations with staff
- Respond to public and community inquiries and brief staff on matters of public interest and concern
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least five years of experience working in the field of human services, mental health, or addiction recovery with a nonprofit organization
- Superior organizational and time-management skills, including planning, delegating, program and curriculum development and task facilitation
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Detail-oriented and able to complete tasks promptly
- Experience managing staff and interns. Must have the ability to maintain excellent relationships with individuals of multi-generational and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to analyze and revise operating policies and practices to improve program efficiency
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel) with strong computer skills for everyday computer work (searching the internet, Social Media, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Social Work, Psychology, Addiction and Recovery, Mental Health, or related field
- LCDC, MHPS, PSRS, MSW professionals are a plus
$50,000 – $60,000
To apply, please submit a cover letter and your resume with at least three professional references to RecoveryCareersNTX@gmail.com. The preferred start date is August 2021, but we will accept and review applications until the ideal candidate is hired.