Responsible for developing, coordinating, and managing all aspects of service delivery for multiple program areas including: food pantry, general case management, senior adult and children’s programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and coordinate programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Create and manage program goals, metrics, outcomes, as well as develop and follow program budget
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Supervise all program, front line staff, and volunteers involved with assigned programming to provide day-to-day direction, feedback and to assist in resolving complex problems
- Oversee data collection for specific programs and document and monitor service delivery in agency database
- Interpret data measures, outcomes and results, as well as utilize data to evaluate programs and drive program direction
- Assist with grant writing, compliance and reporting for assigned programs
- Establish and maintain close communication with agency staff and community partners to ensure program needs are met
- Develop, collaborate and engage community partners to expand client services
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
- Attend and participate in all agency functions as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- This position currently supervises at least 1 FTE, 2 interns, and approx. 25 regular volunteers.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Exhibit Adaptability - flexible, open minded, coachable, and team player
Exercise Integrity - accountable, honest, and reliable
Provide Quality Customer Service - Good interpersonal skills, ability to assess and follow through with solutions, demonstrate innovation and creativity, possess the ability to empathize
Be Mission Driven - Be knowledgeable of mission, embrace mission objectives, and be mission focused
Be Professional - Be a confident and critical thinker, demonstrate appropriate boundaries, and perform duties with skill and accuracy, maintain professional appearance and demeanor
Effective Communicator - Ability to listen and respond well, communicates in a timely and concise manner, while using the appropriate medium
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Managing People - Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); continually works to improve supervisory skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum bachelors degree; BS or MSW or Masters in a related Social or Mental Health field preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience supervising programs and staff in a social services setting preferred.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.