The Family Place, seeks a dynamic and experienced Program Director for our Be Project Program.
Our Be Project reaches out to youth in area elementary, middle and high schools, and on college campuses teaching them about healthy relationships. The program is called the Be Project to encourage students to Be Safe, Be Kind, Be Courageous and Be More.
The curriculum, which includes a leadership development component, addresses topics including bullying, sexual assault, teen dating violence, gender stereotypes, sexual harassment, and healthy versus unhealthy relationships.
Individual counseling for victims of sexual violence is also offered through the Be Project as requested by school counselors and partners and/or by students who make an outcry after receiving classroom education services. Therapeutic groups are conducted with small groups of students to provide a safe, supportive environment for personal sharing and peer support.
Position Summary: Responsible for the development, planning, and coordination of services of the Be Project including classroom education, leadership groups and therapeutic services in schools aimed at building healthy relationships and preventing family and sexual violence.
Requirements: Masters’ degree in social work, counseling, education, or related field required. Clinical licensure required (e.g. LPC, LCSW, etc.), with supervisory licensure preferred. Three years experience working with children/adolescents and/or family violence required and two years management or supervisory experience required.
Strong leadership, presentation, verbal/written communication, and organizational skills required. Strong working knowledge of child development required. Reliable transportation required.
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid Texas Driver’s License and clear driving record
Clinical licensure required (e.g. LPC, LCSW, etc.), with supervisory licensure preferred.
Knowledge and Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence, bullying, teenage dating violence, youth development, etc.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with students, staff, school personnel.
- Ability to prioritize and self motivate to accomplish job goals.
- Ability to perform work efficiently and effectively under stressful situations.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and oral) are required.
- Ability to build strong teams to meet performance goals.
- Ability to provide guidance to staff when students make outcries about abuse.
- Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, supplemental insurance and pet insurance. 403b retirement plan, EAP, paid holidays and PTO. The Family Place participates in Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
Salary range: $55,000-$66,500, DOE.