NAMI North Texas addresses the unmet needs of individuals living with mental health conditions and their families through advocacy, education and support.
This is a full-time, hybrid position. Half of this position’s responsibilities focus on the recruitment, training and retention of NAMI North Texas volunteers. The other half is devoted to the development, implementation and evaluation of our newest initiative, an anonymous peer support program for law enforcement officers. This program is expected to expand to all first responders and their families.
- Update and maintain Volunteer Handbook.
- Develop and maintain volunteer position descriptions.
- Implement and evaluate all volunteer recruitment, orientation, educational and appreciation activities.
- Define strategic goals and initiatives for volunteer program.
- Serve as primary point of contact for current and potential volunteers, maintaining an open line of communication with timely responses.
- Develop strategic relationships with community organizations so as to strengthen volunteer recruitment and volunteer commitment.
- Develop and maintain a volunteer database to track volunteer interests and hours.
Law Enforcement Peer Support Program
- Collaborate with curriculum consultants to develop Peer Support Training Program.
- Recruit and train law enforcement officers to be certified peer support mentors.
- Develop strategy for promotion and recruitment of the Law Enforcement Peer Support Network.
- Identify program milestones and define measurements of success.
- Perform all administrative tasks related to Volunteer and First Responder Program implementation, maintenance and expansion.
- Supervise Volunteer and First Responder Program interns.
- Manage email marketing platform; maintain contact lists, design, schedule and send email announcements and monthly e-newsletter.
- Assist Program Director with other tasks as needed.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area.
- 2+ years related experience in volunteer management.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in first responder mental wellness programs.
- Background working with diverse communities.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, delegate responsibilities and meet strict deadlines.
- Proven success working independently while managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Team player, ready to dive in and help co-workers with projects as needed.
- Flexible schedule, available for some evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Familiar with and/or active in the mental health community.
- Experience with law enforcement/first responder support programs.
- Experience with trauma-based mental health counseling.
Email cover letter and resume to:
Athena Trentin, EdD
APPLICATIONS DUE BY 5PM, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14, 2021
NAMI North Texas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.