Cumberland Presbyterian Children’s Home
President and CEO Job Description
Cumberland Presbyterian Children’s Home (CPCH) is a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1904 in Kentucky. In 1932, CPCH moved to Denton, TX. The mission of CPCH is “In response to Christ's love and example, we serve children and families by providing healing and hope.” CPCH is one agency with interrelated services to over 900 people annually through Residential Care (Children's Emergency Shelter, Children's Residential, Single Parent Families Residential) and Non-residential Care (community counseling & classes). The annual operating budget is $2M+. There are 40 paid staff and a very active intern and volunteer base. CPHC is a silver-level GuideStar participant for its commitment to transparency, and voted Best of Denton County for Non-Profits in 2017 (Murray Media Group).
CPCH is seeking a collaborative and courageous leader who has demonstrated experience in strategic management; able to develop and communicate a vision of the future, set priorities and produce measurable long-term results; have demonstrated ability to head successful fundraising efforts and cultivate relationships with donors, community leaders, and foundations; be an exceptional communicator, motivator and leader of staff and volunteers; be able to build strategic alliances with other nonprofits and community organizations; have experience in business planning, developing and operating budgets and managing nonprofit finances.
The President/CEO shall serve as a corporate officer and is charged with the overall responsibility of fundraising as well as managing, directing, and supervising the program, personnel, resources and properties of CPCH. The President/CEO implements and administers policies established by the Board of Trustees. The President/CEO is authorized by the Board of Trustees to conduct business for the corporation, which includes the receiving and disbursing of funds, entering into contractual agreements, and representing CPCH at denominational, professional, and community meetings. Reports to the Board of Trustees.
- Build a fund development strategy to strengthen and diversify funding sources. Create marketing and outreach strategies using technology and social networks to increase visibility of the organization. Cultivate strong relationships with key donors including individuals, foundations, churches and corporations. Seek and secure financial resources through gifts, wills, bequests, trusts, grants, campaigns and other approved methods of fund raising.
- Direct supervision of the Vice President and others, including recruitment, employment, training, promotion, evaluation, and termination.
- Prepare the annual budget for Board consideration and approval. Promulgate regular Board reports concerning financial, program, and personnel activities. Manage all CPCH resources with accountability in mind. (Exception would be those resources handled by other entities such as Board of Stewardship, Foundation, and Benefits of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church.)
- Produce annual audits by a reputable auditing firm for Board review and approval. Submit audit to any other authority as required and approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Ensure that the Agency operates within all legal requirements.
- Assist the Board of Trustees in carrying out their responsibilities. Keep the Board informed about changes in policy and program, legal and economic impacts, and future directions.
- Work with Board committees and officers in the planning and preparation for meetings, minutes of actions taken, and information for all of the Board.
- Develop a strong relationship with the Board Chair and Board members. Work collaboratively with the Board in the development and implementation of strategic goals and the organization’s vision for the future. Provide timely and accurate data for effective Board deliberation and decision-making.
- Prepare and complete reports as required for Cumberland Presbyterian Church, agencies with whom CPCH contracts, and others as necessary.
- Represent CPCH at the meeting of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church’s General Assembly, Red River Presbytery meetings and other Presbyterial meetings as needed.
- Responsible for implementing the Strategic Plan adopted by the Board of Trustees.
- Represent CPCH in local, state, and national activities through membership and involvement in professional, civic, denominational or other associations.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
- Educational: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred. (Degree in Non-Profit Administration, Human Services, or Business Management field is a plus).
- Skills: Proven record of accomplishment in raising money for agency/organization. Demonstrated ability to provide effective administrative leadership in personnel, financial, public relations, trustee, denominational, and governmental relationships. Ability to speak and write persuasively. Ability to manage in crisis situations, think clearly, and keep the CPCH focused on its goals.
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of executive experience preferred, related to childcare programs, personnel, and/or financial resource development.
- Other: Preferred eligibility to become licensed under Texas Law as a Licensed Child Care Administrator.
- Christ-Centered Leadership.
- Must relocate to Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
- Travel required.
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Proven record of successful fundraising.
- Must be a positive Christian role model.
- Able to visually and auditorially supervise staff.
- Must be able to be insured through CPCH vehicle insurance company.
- Able to provide transportation for clients, staff, donors, etc.
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have high tolerance for stress.
- Must be self-motivated with good organization and time management skills.
Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Cumberland Presbyterian Children’s Home Executive Search.