Ronald McDonald House of Dallas (RMHD) seeks an experienced Philanthropy Director. This individual will be responsible for the development and growth of RMHD’s fundraising pipeline by ensuring the success of RMHD’s relationship with foundations, corporations and individual donors. His/her duties will include strategizing, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts from these core constituencies. This individual will manage a portfolio of approximately 150 mid, major and leadership gifts at various stages of their relationship to RMHD as well as conduct monthly portfolio meetings with CEO and CDO.
This individual will also be instrumental in securing new sponsors in support of RMHD’s signature special events. This person must show a demonstrated ability to write and secure foundation grants. A deep knowledge of all fundraising processes, including but not limited to donor prospecting, major gift solicitation, grant writing, donor appeals, planned giving, and special events sponsorships are all key to the success of this position. The Philanthropy Director reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and also works closely with the CEO.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
This person should have a compelling presence with highly developed social skills and the ability to forge strong personal and professional relationships across all channels. This candidate will also possess a love of children and families and understanding of the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas mission. The ideal candidate will be detail -oriented, outgoing, self-directed and innately kind and will take an open and collaborative approach to donors, volunteers and staff while having the discipline and tough-mindedness to ensure that goals are consistently being met.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of fundraising experience and a proven track record in securing new relationships, funding and sponsorships.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a business, communications or liberal arts related field.
- CFRE is a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office and Raiser’s Edge/NXT is a must.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and stand; use hands to finger manipulation, handle, feel, reach with arms and hands and talk and hear.
- The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The vision requirements include close, distance, peripheral and depth perception.
ABOUT RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF DALLAS
Ronald McDonald House of Dallas is Dallas’ only temporary home-away-from-home for families with seriously ill or injured children receiving treatment at a Dallas area hospital. RMHD provides housing in a caring homelike atmosphere to lessen a family’s burden, reduce stress, keep the family intact and enhance their quality of life. Our services are free and guest families receive much needed rest, eat three meals a day and benefit from the support of caring staff and other guest families going through similar crises. Located in Dallas’s Southwestern Medical District, we are viewed as an essential partner by hospital CEOs and staff. We work closely with our hospital partners including Children’s Health, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, Medical City Children’s, UT Southwestern, Parkland, Baylor Scott & White, Texas Health, Methodist and many other medical treatment facilities. Truly a caring and homelike atmosphere, RMHD is a place where families receive compassion, encouragement, strength, and inspiration. Since opening in 1981, RMHD has served over 40,000 families.
Visit our website for more details about our organization: www.rmhdallas.org. Candidate should submit a cover letter with salary range, resume and writing sample(s) of winning grants and/or appeals via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.