Ronald McDonald House of Dallas (RMHD) seeks an experienced Philanthropy Director. This individual will be responsible for the development and growth of RMHD’s fundraising pipeline by ensuring the success of RMHD’s relationship with foundations, corporations and individual donors. His/her duties will include strategizing, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts from these core constituencies.
The Director of Philanthropy will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of approximately 150 mid, major and leadership gifts at various stages of their relationship to RMHD.
- Identifying and developing a pipeline of prospects that have the capacity and inclination to make major gifts and create strategies of moving them to the next level.
- Cultivating and stewarding relationships with family, corporate and national foundations
- Writing 3 to 5 grants per month to foundations and other funders.
- Planning and maintaining a calendar of foundation giving.
- Creating and giving presentations to corporate, civic, and community organizations for general support and/or support of special events.
- Securing new donors for sponsorships, ticket sales and auction items for signature special events;
- Serving as a liaison between RMHD and sponsoring organizations of all external fundraisers.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure that the RMHD brand and mission remains consistent across all channels and opportunities are maximized.
- Analyzing all fundraisers to make recommendations for improvements and/or future involvement.
- Issuing regular progress reports for all fundraising programs including results to date, recent activity, priority contacts to be made and next actions to CDO and CEO.
This person should have a dynamic presence with highly developed social skills and the ability to forge strong personal and professional relationships across all channels as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing, self-directed professional who takes an open and collaborative approach to donors, volunteers and staff but also has the discipline and tough-mindedness to ensure that goals are consistently being met. A deep knowledge of all fundraising processes, including but not limited to donor prospecting, major gift solicitation, stewardship, grant writing, donor appeals, planned giving and special events sponsorships are all key to the success of this position. The Philanthropy Director reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and also works closely with the CEO.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and highly organized with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of fundraising experience and a proven track record in securing new relationships, funding and sponsorships. This candidate will also possess a love of children and families and understanding of the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas mission. Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a business, communications or liberal arts related field. CFRE is a plus. Knowledge of MS Office and Raiser’s Edge/NXT is a must.
Ronald McDonald House of Dallas is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website for more details about our organization: www.rmhdallas.org. Candidate should submit a cover letter with salary range, resume and writing sample(s) of winning grants and/or appeals via email to email@example.com.