SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE PROFILE
North Texas Community Foundation seeks a professional who is energized by being a critical member of a dynamic team helping to increase philanthropy in North Texas. We require a team member who is positive, energetic, and enthusiastic, has a strong work ethic, and a high attention to detail. Like the members of our current philanthropic services team, we are looking for someone who is willing to roll up your sleeves and do the work that needs to be done to help move the organization forward.
This entry-level position will be reporting to the Director of Donor Relations, the Philanthropic Services Administrator will be responsible for supporting the Philanthropic Services team, which includes development, donor relations, communications and event functions.
The Philanthropic Services team is responsible for developing philanthropic strategies to ensure an extraordinary fundholder experience, create new relationships with prospects and professional advisors; and provide flexible, charitable solutions to meet fundholders’ needs.
- Prospect and Donor Research:
- Prepare prospect profiles for development and donor relations as background in advance of meetings
- Research donor information to fill gaps in profiles in the donor databases, so that we collect as much information as possible to steward NTxCF donors
- Donor Support:
- Provide oversight for smaller donor advised funds and serve as a liaison on project funds
- Assist fundholders with entering grant requests into Donor Central (grant making database), as needed
- Review fundholder grant requests made through Donor Central and accompanying letters sent with grant checks to nonprofits and acknowledgment letters to donors
- Maintain donor process checklist to make sure steps in the procedure are completed, recorded and/or filed
- Manage donor databases to track development and donor relations’ activities related to prospective fundholder, fundholder and legacy relationship management:
- Responsible for input of donor information
- Pulling reports for the philanthropic services team and Foundation leadership
- Pulling lists for mailings and events
- Maintaining the integrity of the data in the system
- Administrative support for the philanthropic services team to include:
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings (prospect, donor, funder, nonprofit, Philanthropic Services team, etc.)
- Presentation preparation in PowerPoint
- Tracking reservations and attendance for events
- Coordinating greeting cards to donors on special occasions and ordering thank you gifts
- Assembly of materials for mailings, notebooks, meetings, etc. (Donor, Funder, Prospect, etc.)
- Maintenance of procedures and documentation
- Records notes from funders meetings, team meetings and tracks action items
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION and CHARACTERISTICS:
- 1-2 years’ experience in nonprofit or business setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- CRM database experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with nonprofits is a plus
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
- Superior customer service skills – friendly voice and demeanor with a positive attitude for interfacing with prospects, donors, board members and staff
- Proficiency with donor database systems (Raiser’s Edge, FIMS, Donor Central), computer literacy, including Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and problem solve
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Works well with others to accomplish the mission of the Foundation
- Conscientious and detail-oriented
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
ABOUT NORTH TEXAS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
North Texas Community Foundation is dedicated to strengthening our 11-county region through effective philanthropy and civic leadership around key community issues. We serve more than 250 local individuals, families and businesses by helping them achieve their charitable goals in a meaningful way – during and beyond their lifetimes.
North Texas Community Foundation has $422 million in assets and made grants totaling $31 million in 2020. We award approximately $2M in grants annually through responsive grant cycles that support a variety of the community’s strategic priorities.
In addition to offering customized, tax-efficient giving vehicles, the Community Foundation provides charitable individuals, families and businesses with extensive knowledge about local charitable organizations, emerging community needs and impactful grant opportunities to effect positive change. We are privileged to work in collaboration with our fundholders, their trusted professional advisors, private foundations, nonprofit partners and civic leaders to make sure North Texas is strong for generations to come.
If interested, please email Vicki Andrews at email@example.com.